[ROM] CushZero 2.3.7 v2.1.1

Qsilver

Reaction score
This stomps on my Cyanogen rom i was running(barely)! Thanks!

OP
aj8600

aj8600

Reaction score
Damn, the way mine is bugging is a little more annoying. Mine sticks on the "sound on" so in order to go to vibrate or silent, I need to hit the rocker 5 times, and unless I missed it I do not see the option to turn the sound off when you adjust the rockers. Like the little ding ding ding every time you increase/decrease the ringer volume.

Maybe just disabling the boot animation will help that?

On a side note... In regards to the Performance/Prop settings, I noticed some overlap and I was not sure if they both needed to be checked or anything.

"Disable Boot Animation"
"Just In Time Compliler"(listed as JIT in performance settings)

Both of the above are listed in PropModder and the General Performance settings.

Also noticed the "Disable logcat" checkbox would not stick until I went into the init.d script and manually uncommented the # out of the script line. Then it stuck.

Overall- I am loving this ROM so far. It is exactly what I was looking for, a more fine tuned version of Liquid for the D1 that is a little less feature rich. Since Liquid dev's for like 6 phones, I can imagine it would be hard to fully optimize and test out each build for each specific device.

EDIT: Has anyone been able to change the lockscreen background? No matter what imagine I choose it will not change from the current home screen wallpaper. I tested the solid color option and that does work though.

ive noticed the overlaps as well. i think that is due to Propmodder is its own .apk developed by n00bware. when Cush put it in his settings it had the "disable boot animation" already. i have noticed that the one in the performance settings works not the one in propmodder.

i have also run into the wallpaper issue. not quite sure,but i think it has to do with the gallery. if you get astro and choose the picture from there it works:)

Well I used a superman one I picked up awhile back used root explorer to place in system media and then I used the blue matrix one from Jrummy's ROM toolbox. Those and the stock one all caused boot loop. I have had to reflash 3 times and the ROM works awesome until I reboot for something then it boot loops.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Not quite sure what the problem is, but it may not be compatible with Cush....

can anyone else confirm this?:)

CushZero congrats! this rom so far has been very smooth and flawless. I hope I don't jink myself, but this is the first GB 2.3.7 rom that I had loaded, that doesn't have the problem of Receiving a call that goes to speaker and mutes the mike, then freezes. I have loaded some very good roms, but can't deal with that problem. Has anyone found a solutions to this problem, when it creeps up? Thanks for the GREAT work!!!!

protip on how to not jinx yourself: dont mess with the brightness settings in the power widget settings. it seems to break the brightness widget.

dpaine88

Reaction score
Damn....Just got my first random soft reboot.... I read your advice about downloading Astro so I started the download, then turned the screen off. Then 3-4 seconds later, the boot animation pops up.

I've had this occur on other GB ROMs such as Liquid and some CM7 based ROMs. It always seems to occur 3-4 seconds after turning off the screen.

Last edited:
OP
aj8600

aj8600

Reaction score
Damn....Just got my first random soft reboot.... I read your advice about downloading Astro so I started the download, then turned the screen off. Then 3-4 seconds later, the boot animation pops up.

I've had this occur on other GB ROMs such as Liquid and some CM7 based ROMs. It always seems to occur 3-4 seconds after turning off the screen.

Ive had a few of those. i hope they dont happen frequently.... i think ive only had one since i flashed 2.1.1 about a month ago.

Sixonefour

Reaction score
ZERO soft reboots here. Battery life is outstanding. This ROM is snappy and clean. Power widgets are flaky but I'm sure it will be fixed.
If you guys need beta testers for future releases, I will gladly help. Thanks for the hard work Cush2Push. AJ8600 is on top of support as well.
Very happy I decided to give this ROM a run.
Anyone recommend any themes that compliment the ROM?

dpaine88

Reaction score
Ive had a few of those. i hope they dont happen frequently.... i think ive only had one since i flashed 2.1.1 about a month ago.

I was getting them about once a day. I tried a million things to potentially fix it.

Today I remembered that my current D1 is a crappy Asurion insurance refurb replacement. My dad has since upgraded off his D1 , which is an original one from Verizon. I switched my number to his old D1 phone and so far it is actually running much better. I'm hoping this fixes it or at least lets me know it's something that I am doing wrong if it happens on two different devices running the same settings.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha. I figured that was the case by your post count, but I didn't want to assume.

Anyway, when flashing a ROM, you must wipe both data and cache (I recommend wiping your dalvik as well) otherwise you'll loop. Just wipe and then run the install again. Let us know if you run into anything else. Enjoy Zero!

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

kamatashy

Reaction score
Cool but I still have some doubts... by any chance can my phone get bricked? or where can i find some 101 for dummies on this heheh.. my phone is rooted i did that a few months back...

Thanks for the quick reply...

dpaine88

Reaction score
i have also run into the wallpaper issue. not quite sure,but i think it has to do with the gallery. if you get astro and choose the picture from there it works:)

Hmmmm I did this but still couldnt get the lockscreen background to change.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
With the D1, hard bricking is pretty much a non-issue. What just happened to you is referred to as a "soft brick". As long as your phone boots and can get into recovery or the bootloader, you're fine. I've never even heard of a D1 bricking...

Beyond that, if you still aren't comfortable, I recommend searching for how to install ROMs. It's a really simple process, but your first time, I understand wanting something to follow along with.

It's funny. My first flash, I did the same thing as you. I didn't wipe data and cache. I was so freaked out, but this wonderful forum helped me out. So read up and if you run into anything you can't understand, this forum is here to help.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

kamatashy

Reaction score
Well.. i just did as you told me wipe all data and still bootlooping... .. wait... it worked!!! yeah... hehehe thanks buddy!!!

kamatashy

Reaction score
So i guess all this apply to all the other roms i tried for D1 and it kept bootlooping right??