Crap! watch out. 30.04 bootloader

GTvert90

Reaction score
Just got a replacement X. Never thought to check the software verison as I wasn't keeping it like that long..

Apparently they come with 2.3.151

And a 30.04 boot loader :icon_eek:

Anyone know anything about this?

thanks

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah I saw it. It really doesn't change anything. The most it seems to do is help with boot stability.

Sent from my DROIDX

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I doubt it, but someone should try to be sure. I would but I don't have that bootloader.

Sent from my DROIDX

hyperlite

Reaction score
Ahhh this is definitely worth keeping an eye on. No one wants to be the SBF guinea pig, but i suspect we'll find out soon enough.

CellZealot

Reaction score
The reason they upgrade the bootloader is specifically to prevent flashing to older builds.

If you have a newer bootloader, never try to revert to an older one, you will definitely brick your phone. You can only safely go forwards to a newer bootloader and/or firmware version.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Where do I find the bootloader version on my phone?

It should tell you what version you have when you boot into the bootloader.

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

luv2increase

Reaction score
I used to think that the 2.2 Full OTA SBF flashed a new bootloader, but it didn't. Since the people getting new phones have the 30.04 bootloader and the current SBF doesn't even touch the bootloader, and the new phones don't have a newer system version or anything, I'm about 100% certain that people with the 30.04 bootloader should have no problems at all flashing the current Full OTA SBF we have!

Edit: Do those phones come with a new system version too?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

eulerphi8

Reaction score
I just got my replacement X today and can confirm that it is indeed running 2.3.151 with 30.04 bootloader. It looks like they're rolling them out early for the replacement X's.

I honestly think that Moto has changed the keys again, or else why would they preload the replacement X's with software that isn't officially out yet (unless there's actually major bug fixes in this update). Considering that they've changed the bootloader every time a new update is released, I'm guessing they did it again although I hope I'm wrong.

I rooted it and installed rubiX 1.6 on it fine though. The only difference I've noticed is that they bumped up the lowest speed slot to 350MHz at 33V. Wasn't it at 300MHz before?

Also to be clear, it is still running 2.2, so this update isn't the rumored 2.2.1 update that is meant to be hitting at the end of the month.

johnzenobia

Reaction score
Have you confirmed that the 2.2 / 2.3.15 sbf can be used on the 30.04 bootloader? I just bought a new DX and scared about bricking this thing. Read about the 2.2.1 leak and about no sbf for it.

OP
G

GTvert90

Reaction score
Have you confirmed that the 2.2 / 2.3.15 sbf can be used on the 30.04 bootloader? I just bought a new DX and scared about bricking this thing. Read about the 2.2.1 leak and about no sbf for it.

MDW released a full SBF for 2.2.1 (2.3.32) That they say will work with 30.03 or 30.04 bootloader. Not sure if anyone has tried it on a phone like ours with 30.04 and 2.3.151

maderschramm

Reaction score
I did. Waranty replacement dc here. Had 2.2 with 30.04 bootloader. Tbh full sbf for 2.2.1 worked fine

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App