Did I download correct SBF?

GeneRs

Reaction score
I'm trying to prepare to SBF my X back to stock if I need to . I'm gonna give Liberty GB a shot but I will have to SBF back to original if I don't care for it.

That said, I have been Reading up and I know there are right and WRONG SBF files that I can flash with RSD Lite. I booted into Boot Loader and see - "Bootloader 30.04" That being said, I'm in the process of downloading this zip file:

VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.zip

Seems to me it SHOULD be 2.3.40 where the 2.3.34 is. Am I wrong? Trust me, I DONT wanna mess this up should I have to do it. I even thought about doing a practice run and going back to stock...Reroot...etc.

Thanx to anyone who can help

P.S. I KNOW you folks who know what you are doing are probably exhausted from answering these questions ALL THE #$*$ing time. Speaking for the masses, we totally appreciate the help you give us. Thank you so much!

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah you want the full sbf file for your build. I'm on the d2 so my file is different. I used rsd lite 4.9, the latest drivers and full sbf file. I practiced first by putting my phone in bootloader mode and plugging it in just to make sure rsd lite recognized my phone (it didn't say d2 it said s flash) but that was OK. I didn't flash it though till I really needed to. Just wanted to make sure I had everything in place

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yep, that is the correct SBF file.

OP
GeneRs

GeneRs

Reaction score
Yeah you want the full sbf file for your build. I'm on the d2 so my file is different. I used rsd lite 4.9, the latest drivers and full sbf file. I practiced first by putting my phone in bootloader mode and plugging it in just to make sure rsd lite recognized my phone (it didn't say d2 it said s flash) but that was OK. I didn't flash it though till I really needed to. Just wanted to make sure I had everything in place

Whew... I did that exact same thing. Booted into Bootloader.Opened RSD Lite and got the same "s Flash" ( or something like that ) recognition message so I feel a TON more confident about it recognizing my X.

Actually, you saved me from having to post another question so...THANK YOU!

Last edited:
OP
GeneRs

GeneRs

Reaction score
Yep, that is the correct SBF file.

Friggin AWESOME!!! If I can't trust the word of a Rescue Squad Guy, who CAN I trust? Thank you for the help 1KDS.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
No problem. I posted sooo many threads and asked many questions and was helped a lot. It feels good to pay it forward. I know the state of mind you are in. I messed up my first time and freaked out cause the sbf failed on my computer. The reason was it was too old of a laptop. I took it to a newer pc and it worked like a charm. It gave me a lot more confidence to modify my phone. Let me know how it goes and if you have any more questions.

pin0y23

Reaction score
so for some reason.. the start button doesn't become available once my phone is recognized and i choose the fro yo sbf.... which is really weird because it has ALWAYS worked before and i sbfed before plenty of times.. but now i'm rolling on .591 i believe with liberty v.05 and the start button to sbf back is not working...

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get on gb so I can get on liberty gb. Are you suggesting that I wait? Why do you want to go back to froyo?

Last edited:

pin0y23

Reaction score
I want to go back to fro-yo to get on the .595 gb leak. but I cannot sbf because for some damn reason the "start" button won't "activate" when I choose the 2.3.340 fro-yo update, and this has worked plenty of times in the past so i don't know what is wrong this time around.

Strange.. i got it working all of a sudden after messing around with running programs and whatnot... after closing wyse pocketcloud, my vnc server, along with some other things, reinstalling my motorola drivers, it is working now, I'm thinking that it might have been the vnc servers or something since that was connected to my phone? but I'm no genius and I could be totally wrong, but I got it to work now.

Last edited: