Couple questions

mcraeh

Reaction score
Has anyone actually gotten this lollipop update yet? I have seen no sign of it on my 2013 Moto X. I'm not really anxious to install it, except I am just hoping that it may help with the terrible battery performance I have been having lately. Some days it is perfectly fine, and I can make it through a 14 hour day with 30% battery left. Some days (like today) I was down to 45% after just 5 hours off the charger, with light use and just one 30 minute phone call. Nothing out of the ordinary, no new apps installed, etc. The main offender is always Android OS. So I want to do the FDR to see if that will help, but I'd really rather wait until I can install the OS update and do it then so I don't have to go through all that setup twice.

I have read every battery thread I can find, but because I use the phone for work, I can't turn off the data sync for work emails. And it doesn't even happen every day. I can't figure out what is different on the days where the battery is good. I got this phone right before the 2014 X came out, so it's barely a year old. Anyone have any suggestions?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
The lollipop update isn't out yet for VZ or AT&T. It was pulled back to add the stage fright patch. Interestingly today in the official Motorola Moto X forum one member made a big mistake and posted an email he received about a soak test for 5.1. According to his profile he is on Verizon. So it may be coming soon. For now I'd say hang tight and see what the next week or so brings.

OP
M

mcraeh

Reaction score
Thank you for the information... the latest issue is that my phone has now decided to turn itself off randomly, not even when the battery is low. I guess I'll hope that lollipop fixes that too, but if not, I may be shopping for a new phone. Which is really disappointing, since all the new phones are so much bigger these days. I got this one because of the 4.7 screen. Oh well I'll see what happens thanks again!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Thank you for the information... the latest issue is that my phone has now decided to turn itself off randomly, not even when the battery is low. I guess I'll hope that lollipop fixes that too, but if not, I may be shopping for a new phone. Which is really disappointing, since all the new phones are so much bigger these days. I got this one because of the 4.7 screen. Oh well I'll see what happens thanks again!
That's a moto issue. I get it all the time with my Droid MAXX. My friends Moto X does it as well.

OP
M

mcraeh

Reaction score
Oh, that's awesome (not). How old is your phone? How long has it been doing that? Mine will shut down 3-4 times in one day and then go a few days without doing it at all. I am not sure if I can live with that, if there isn't any kind of workaround or anything.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Since I bought it in January 2013. It reboots about once a day. I was using runkeeper this weekend and it rebooted on me during it.

OP
M

mcraeh

Reaction score
Oh ok. Well, if mine was just rebooting, it wouldn't bother me as much. But it just shuts down. I don't notice it until I go to look at it and it is turned off. I've missed a few calls that way, and it happened once while I was actually talking on the phone :(

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I get the black screen sometimes as well. Phone won't respond, like it has been turned off.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Are you guys sure that phone rebooting and / or shutting off is a Moto issue? In the past year and a half I have had a Droid Maxx & Droid Turbo, my wife has had a Moto X 2013 and Moto X 2014 and both my kids have a Moto X 2014 and none of them have ever shut off unexpectedly or rebooted unexpectedly. Is it possible that there are apps installed that cause this, and not just generic to Moto phones?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Well known issue.

uploadfromtaptalk1441755114975.png