Just upgraded to a Moto X from a Galaxy Nexus

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
It is a huge smoke and mirrors money maker for them. Customers continue to pay the same monthly amount for their plan (which includes the $15 or so for your subsidized phone), except they no longer are entitled to a subsidized phone. Instead, customers must make additional monthly payments for their phone. Win/win for Verizon. For customers? Not so much...

You can't really blame them though, it's no worse than what the credit card companies do. Basically you agree when you sign up. I don't think many people are naive enough to believe that they're getting a great deal.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Imo, if we're going to pay full price for the phone they better not put any Verizon adware on it! Even the limited adware on the Moto X that I can't uninstall pisses me off for a phone I end up having to pay for because I agree to stay with them for 2 years. It's MY device why should I be forced to have their **** on it?

This is the main thing that got me into rooting back in the Droid 1, 2, HTC Thunderbolt days.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Imo, if we're going to pay full price for the phone they better not put any Verizon adware on it! Even the limited adware on the Moto X that I can't uninstall pisses me off for a phone I end up having to pay for because I agree to stay with them for 2 years. It's MY device why should I be forced to have their **** on it?

This is the main thing that got me into rooting back in the Droid 1, 2, HTC Thunderbolt days.

So you willingly gave a business your money even though you disagree with the conditions of their service?

MotoXGirl

Reaction score

I guess I forgot about all that stuff because I'm rooted, and removed it

Snoking

Reaction score
I put the edge program right up with the preditroy home loans that occurred a few years ago. Might even be some of the same consumers now on another edge! Chris

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
So you willingly gave a business your money even though you disagree with the conditions of their service?

Yep. Paying $10-$30/mo less for any other service around here is fail because there's 0 reception with AT&T or Sprint. :( But you got a good point. That said, that's why I went iPhone for the last few years and why I got the Moto X (they said it wasn't rated as badly by Verizon as most phones). lol.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I'm about to make the jump to a Moto X from a G-Nex as well...that upcoming Cyber Monday deal just seems too good to pass up for someone wanting this phone.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I'm about to make the jump to a Moto X from a G-Nex as well...that upcoming Cyber Monday deal just seems too good to pass up for someone wanting this phone.

I don't think you'll regret it. I certainly haven't.

Charmed

Reaction score
I'm trying to get the Moto X. Ordered it 2 weeks ago on Moto maker. It cane 5 days later but without the inscription on the back that I specified. Sent it back and they said the received it this past Tuesday, but hadn't processed it yet. Today is Sunday and I still haven't even heard from them. Not impressed with the customer service.

Snoking

Reaction score
I think they may be overloaded. Wife motomaker phone came quickly and as ordered a week and a half ago. I ordered a black one from Amazon and it came with a white charger and cable.

At the low price, now a penny on Amazon, they have to be selling a lot of them.

Chris

BigOrangeDroid

Reaction score
They built and shipped mine in 3 days! Couldn't be more pleased. Probably swamped with orders.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
Actually only 108 orders all day. Their site went down at 8:01 CST 1 min after their promo started. Hasn't been up since.

adyhajap.jpg

hahe3e6e.jpg

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Looks like I'll be joining a few of the others in this thread and jumping from my GNex to a Moto X.

Got a Cyber Monday code today on the first of the 2 make-up days so I'll hopefully be ordering it in the next day or two when my bank shows the $ I deposited. I don't care for the locked down bootloader and really wanted the Verizon Developer Edition, but they were gone before I could get in and snatch one. So I'll just go with this one and "tweak" my 2012 N7 for now until I find a new toy I can mod to my hearts content. I'm sure they will be rare on Big Red, but I can keep hoping. (And yeah, if I want consistent service in my rural area, I have to stay on Big Red.)

So hopefully I'll have my phone in hand around the 16-17th.

OP
J

jay80z

Reaction score
I'm confident that those who are coming from a Galaxy nexus to a Moto X will be just as impressed with the Moto X as I still am.