Just upgraded to a Moto X from a Galaxy Nexus

jay80z

Reaction score
I feel that battery life on the Moto X is truly exceptional. Galaxy nexus could barely make it through 8 hours off the charger. I have wifi at home and work so no screenshot available while on Verizon network.

Even though I no longer have unlimited data after the upgrade, I have no regrets with this phone.

Quad core, 1080p display, and other bells and whistles are cool and all but meaningless if the battery is dead.

Screenshot_2013-11-13-22-49-09.png

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Haha Congrats! It's a great phone! I used the phone the first day I got it as HARD as I could (videos, 120+ sms, as much screen on as I could) and I got 14 hours with 25% left.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Even though I no longer have unlimited data after the upgrade, I have no regrets with this phone.
If you gave up unlimited, hopefully you at least got the Max plan? 6GB data for the same $29.95 you were paying for unlimited.

OP
J

jay80z

Reaction score
If you gave up unlimited, hopefully you at least got the Max plan? 6GB data for the same $29.95 you were paying for unlimited.

Yes 6 gb a month is more than enough for me.

b-jammin21

Reaction score

Where was this option?

$70/mo 4 gigs shared data between me and my wife.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Where was this option?

$70/mo 4 gigs shared data between me and my wife.

The Max plan is not listed anywhere, and I don't believe you can get it in a retail store (most Verizon sales associates have never heard of it). It is a special plan available ONLY to grandfathered Verizon unlimited data customers. You must call Verizon and talk to a sales rep. It is a normal, 2 year contract, with 6GB of data for $30. (This is NOT the crappy Edge plan and carries no additional fees or monthly payment).

This is one of the ways Verizon is trying to lure customers off of unlimited data. For some customers (like me) 6GB of data is enough, enables you to get a subsidized phone, and offers a substantial savings vs. the price of other Verizon plans.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
They should make a 12gb for $60 option. A Max 2 plan or MAXX even. I might give up unlimited for that. I need 10gb for myself and I'd like to get the parents onto intelliphones.

moset

Reaction score
I asked a rep at my VZW store and he was aware of the max plan. He said I could do the deal in the store. 6gig for $30 or 8gig with free teather for $60 I think.
I'm still pondering. X or Droid Max or jump ship and go with LG.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

b-jammin21

Reaction score
The Max plan is not listed anywhere, and I don't believe you can get it in a retail store (most Verizon sales associates have never heard of it). It is a special plan available ONLY to grandfathered Verizon unlimited data customers. You must call Verizon and talk to a sales rep. It is a normal, 2 year contract, with 6GB of data for $30. (This is NOT the crappy Edge plan and carries no additional fees or monthly payment).

This is one of the ways Verizon is trying to lure customers off of unlimited data. For some customers (like me) 6GB of data is enough, enables you to get a subsidized phone, and offers a substantial savings vs. the price of other Verizon plans.

Bummer. Guess I missed the boat on that one...

moset

Reaction score
How long ago did you upgrade? I think you have 15 days to call the deal off with a restocking fee. You might even get the right CS rep and get them to put you on the max plan without any issues.
My experience with customer service has been very good. Be nice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
J

jay80z

Reaction score
getting upgraded to Kit Kat 4.4 so quickly makes this phone sweet like a chocolate wrapped around a biscuit bar.

BigOrangeDroid

Reaction score
Haha Congrats! It's a great phone! I used the phone the first day I got it as HARD as I could (videos, 120+ sms, as much screen on as I could) and I got 14 hours with 25% left.

WoW! Haven't seen that type of battery life, but it's good for sure!

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
Quad core, 1080p display, and other bells and whistles are cool and all but meaningless if the battery is dead.

What phone has those specs?

I really looking at the X for my next phone. I am also on a Galaxy Nexus now. But I would need to go to a Verizon Edge plan :/

Snoking

Reaction score
What phone has those specs?

I really looking at the X for my next phone. I am also on a Galaxy Nexus now. But I would need to go to a Verizon Edge plan :/

VZW is really pushing the edge plan. Must be a real money maker for them! Chris

TatDroid

Reaction score
VZW is really pushing the edge plan. Must be a real money maker for them! Chris

It is a huge smoke and mirrors money maker for them. Customers continue to pay the same monthly amount for their plan (which includes the $15 or so for your subsidized phone), except they no longer are entitled to a subsidized phone. Instead, customers must make additional monthly payments for their phone. Win/win for Verizon. For customers? Not so much...