Could use some help with a new Maxx and SMS

DLM3

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone posting on this site. I just purchased a new MAXX and am having problems with the text function (not working). I have read many posts here and on other sites, but have not seen a solution other than calling a Verizon tech. Does anyone else know of a way to fix the problem without calling Verizon service?

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. You might want to post your question in one of the help forums for responses. DancingNexus

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Is it the stock messaging app or a third party app? Does everything else work? If the phone is brand new you may want to consider replacing it. Otherwise a factory reset would be my last resort.

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Tapatalk 4

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Have you been able to resolve your issue?

OP
D

DLM3

Reaction score
SMS Issue and Now Incoming Calls are seen as a problem, too

It is the stock app that came with the phone. I already had to replace the first Maxx for a flickering screen. When replacing, Verizon moved the SIM card from the old to the new. I don't know if they needed to set something up for SMS. Today I also learned that my incoming calls are going straight to voice mail, although every setting I check doesn't indicate I've set anything up for that. I may have to just go back to Verizon for help. Thanks so much for Replying!

OP
D

DLM3

Reaction score
No. And now I have noticed I am not receiving incoming calls, or voice mails. I sense a replacement (second one) may be in the cards. Thanks for asking.

OP
D

DLM3

Reaction score
Thanks, I will do so next time.

Appreciate the suggestion very much.