Copying portions of email text?

djonathang

Reaction score
Is there a way to easily copy portions of email text? For example, someone gives me a product# and I want to copy it and place it in my note pad. I am unable to conveniently select just that text, and copy.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you're using the gmail app you can hit menu and then more and go to select text. Whatever you select will automatically copy to your clipboard.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

smashlee3301

Reaction score
If you're using the gmail app you can hit menu and then more and go to select text. Whatever you select will automatically copy to your clipboard.

Where do I find the clipboard? I cant find anything on this phone.....motor devour

timrock

Reaction score

Where do I find the clipboard? I cant find anything on this phone.....motor devour

its not an app, when you go to the field (or email or doc) that you want to paste the info into, just press down, and a menu will pop up, paste and paste from clipboard are two of the options. choose one.

jbgantes

Reaction score
Copy/paste functions are terrible in the email apps on this phone. This is the number one thing that's killing all of us in our demo period and the only big reason to go back to BB (now that they released a patch for voice quality issues).

timrock

Reaction score
I agee. It does suck. Gingerbread plans to fix this. But after using it a few times, you kind of get used to it.
Copy/paste functions are terrible in the email apps on this phone. This is the number one thing that's killing all of us in our demo period and the only big reason to go back to BB (now that they released a patch for voice quality issues).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk