Copy and Paste -Droid X

jtdiddy

Reaction score
wow, coming from a Blackberry, this is pretty disheartening. I used to make phone of the iphone all the time because of this but i guess now i am in the same boat.

hopefully this will be part of Froyo or next update but def should have been in from the start.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just tried this on my Droid (rooted running 2.2) and it does copy and paste in the gmail app just fine. With an email open I selected menu/more/select text. I then moved my finger over the text I wanted to select. Went back to the inbox and selected compose. I then touched the screen and the keyboard came up. I pressed in the entry field and one of the options was to paste. I did, it did. EzPz.

I then opened Documents To Go and created a word doc and pasted the same text there too.

Seapup

Reaction score
I just tried this on my Droid (rooted running 2.2) and it does copy and paste in the gmail app just fine. With an email open I selected menu/more/select text. I then moved my finger over the text I wanted to select. Went back to the inbox and selected compose. I then touched the screen and the keyboard came up. I pressed in the entry field and one of the options was to paste. I did, it did. EzPz.

I then opened Documents To Go and created a word doc and pasted the same text there too.

On a Droid or Droid X running 2.1, selecting menu/more from a Gmail message in your Inbox gives you only "Mute" and "Report Spam". Droid X users don't have the luxury of running 2.2... yet.

supahrob

Reaction score

On a Droid or Droid X running 2.1, selecting menu/more from a Gmail message in your Inbox gives you only "Mute" and "Report Spam". Droid X users don't have the luxury of running 2.2... yet.

Yes, but it was mentioned that 2.2 may resolve this issue, and people here were wanting to know if this was indeed the case (it is) - so Bayou answered it for them.

Take care,
Rob

kdsarch

Reaction score
Boy I hope that version 2.2 takes care of this issue. Coming from a BB I can't believe I can't cut and paste email text...

richpjr

Reaction score
This really blows. I just discovered this last night when messing around. I cannot believe something so basic was left out.

404-not found

Reaction score

Better than nothing, but unfortunately clunky compared with the iphone. Difficult to highlight just the block of text you want. Very depressing. :mad: