Copy and Paste -Droid X

dweitzenhoffer

Reaction score
There was a terrible sinking feeling I got when I realized my original iphone couldn't copy/ cut and paste. My droid will copy web segments but my biggest need is to cut text from an email. Example, I want to forward part of an email to a friend but not the whole email. It doesn't seem like I can do this in gmail. Of all the applications for this phone to be limited in, you wouldn't think it would be gmail

Please let me know if I am missing a clever way to cut forwarded emails.

Also sometimes it is nice to copy part of an old email and paste into the body of a new email:blackdroid:

ShadowDroid

Reaction score
how do you copy and paste web addresses into like texts or so I was trying to figure this out but couldnt?

Victor Sosa

Reaction score
Those are great questions from both of you that I'd love to have an answer to as well! I haven't tried to do either of those things yet, but I know I will soon, so I hope someone can figure it out.

Reaction score
There was a terrible sinking feeling I got when I realized my original iphone couldn't copy/ cut and paste. My droid will copy web segments but my biggest need is to cut text from an email. Example, I want to forward part of an email to a friend but not the whole email. It doesn't seem like I can do this in gmail. Of all the applications for this phone to be limited in, you wouldn't think it would be gmail

Please let me know if I am missing a clever way to cut forwarded emails.

Also sometimes it is nice to copy part of an old email and paste into the body of a new email:blackdroid:

You open up the menu and select copy text. Paste by pressing and holding on the text box you wish to copy to :)

stargazin

Reaction score
Epic Fail, There should be copy and paste in all text sensitive field apps and mail programs. This is supposed to be a "Flagship" phone, what the heck? Copy and Paste, come on Moto get this fixed! PLEASE!!!dancedroid

garath

Reaction score
I asked one of the reviewers about copy/paste from an email and they said it was possible without going to the browser. I don't have my phone yet so I cannot experiment. Try long press on the text in the gmail app though.

Akula

Reaction score
This is a major fault in the Gmail app on the Droid X.

Not being able to copy text out of an email that you received? C'mon...

Also, the long press does not work in the gmail app.

JimiVphoto

Reaction score
This is the lamest ass thing I have ever heard of. I sent myself emails on my exchange and Yahoo accounts. And I can't copy text from them? Are you kidding me??

I laughed at the iPhone when it finally got copy and paste, saying C&P has been around forever. And now the latest greatest Droid can't do it? FAIL x 100

I can play games, I can play on Facebook. But I can't copy and paste in an email? Who the hell came up with that one??

I so hope it's just some setting I'm missing. I don't want to have to go into a browser to read an email. I already have the email on my phone... This is progress???

mcsinfl

Reaction score
i think the copy paste in email is added in froyo, can't remember as I have the X now, but I can check my sons droid later tonight

JimiVphoto

Reaction score
I'll be looking forward to hearing back if the 2.2 corrects this.

It's a toss up which is more FUBAR. AT&T or an OS that doesn't do copy and paste. I'm actually thinking it's the droid. At least I got a signal most of the time. With the Droid, it can't do the most basic function in text editing or emailing.

If I sound a bit torqued off, I am. So far as I can see, the iPhone 3Gs is far slicker than either the Dinc or the DX. I'm really hoping to be proven wrong!