Copy and Paste Question?

bman505

Reaction score
I have the Droid 2. Is there a way to copy and paste on it? On my Blackberry, I used to be able to copy and paste a phone number from my contacts into a txt for example and it doesn't look like this phone can do that. Or I just don't know how to use it maybe! ha

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
On phone numbers, emails and other stuff like that u long press on it and a box will pop up. And in the browser and some apps, u hit menu, more, select text

philosojerk

Reaction score
On phone numbers, emails and other stuff like that u long press on it and a box will pop up. And in the browser and some apps, u hit menu, more, select text

Does "long press" just mean tap the phone and then hold your finger down? I've been trying this in email and it isn't working. I'm not a gmail user, so I'm using the native "email" client, not the "gmail" app.

I'm having a hard time understanding why on this amazing phone so many functions that should be basic and simple are so difficult to figure out.

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it doesnt work in email. that is my only real complaint about droid.

froyo is supposed to have it

Boxman

Reaction score
cut and paste

works with physical keyboard
easier to put the phone on the table press and hold the ALT key and the up arrow key. A purple color will appear and you can hi-lite what you want to copy.