copy and paste

bfrank3502

Reaction score
Is there a way on the new droid x to do a copy and paste on any screen. Example: i get an email& want to copy and paste in a text msg or other place? Thanks n advance

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know about the native email app, but you can copy and paste using K-9 email app and you can do it in the native Gmail app. I think you hit menu/more/select text. Then move your finger over the text you want to select. It will be automatically copied to the clipboard. Then it can be pasted.

OP
B

bfrank3502

Reaction score
I tried the K9 mail and it didnt work with copy and paste on my droid x. I downloaded an app off the market thats called copy and paste, when i went to open it, it says my phone must be rooted to work? What does rooted mean and how do i do it?

Riposto

Reaction score
How do I copy and paste on the s4, especially from facebook?

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
from the manual

"Copying and pasting

Tap and hold over text, drag or to select more or less text, and then tap Copy to copy or
Cut to cut. The selected text is copied to the clipboard.
To paste it into a text entry field, tap and hold at the point where it should be inserted, and
then tap Paste."

GVLBob

Reaction score
How do I copy and paste on the s4, especially from facebook?

The Facebook app for Android has not yet enabled "copy and paste". Lots of people have requested this as a feature, however, so we'll see if it is eventually added.

BTW, this is also a missing feature for the Facebook app for the iPad, which used to enable that capability.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You might try another FB app. I know that Friendcaster allows you to copy and paste.

Last edited: