Convert from AT&T to Verizon

CodeRed85

Reaction score
I was a member of Cingular then AT&T for 9 years and during that time held only basic phones or a simple flip phone and rarely had any problems with the phone or signal. 2 years ago I moved into the country but I found that the once reliable network of AT&T couldn't support me any more and they didn't seem to care too much about my issues either.

I found this forum about a year ago and read about the droid family and how much everyone seemed to like them and enjoyed good coverage just about anywhere. At the end of my contract in July I put myself on the waiting list for a Droid X and recieved it about a three weeks ago and I love this phone. dancedroid

My signal strength at my houes is almost allways 3 bars and 3G signal, I power my desktop computer with the App PDA Net and have no problems surfing the net on it. Saving me a lot of money each month by canceling my satellite powered internet.

I look forward to continued use of my Droid X and the use of this forum for app help/suggestions, and just surfing the forums for interesting stuff.

A tad info on myself, I am a engineer for a tier one supplier of exhaust systems to Toyota. I find myself in Japan a lot (I wish my Droid X would work over there) or out in the different Toyota plants in North America. I am an avid Unlimited Hydroplane fan and if you get a chance check out the home site of www.h1unlimited.com they are impressive pieces of engineering on water. I also enjoy watching the Cincinnati Reds and The Colts.

(Note I hate the iphone and would prefer it stay at AT&T I do not like Apple products at all)

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Droid Pro is supposed to be a global phone. If you are still within your 30 days you might want to consider turning it back in now to get the Pro in November. A Droid2 Global phone is due out soon too I think

Welcome to the forums!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! There are a lot of former iPhone and AT&T users here, including me. I believe you will find the community very friendly and helpful.
Mike

techguru

Reaction score
Regarding Japan. I have heard that there is now CDMA voice connectivity at least in Tokyo and Kyoto, although the roaming charges will kill you. On my trip two years ago, I found the best deal was to rent a phone at the airport. Minutes were dirt cheap, even on calls back to the US, and it only cost a couple dollars a day. I just put my temporary number on my voice mail greeting and left my US phone in airplane mode. Business callers didn't care about the international rates, and it kept me from being bothered by my Mother-in-law (who likes to live vicariously through my wife and my travels).... :)

Alan

p.s. Any time you want to sneak me into your luggage, I would kill for another trip to Japan...

OP
C

CodeRed85

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I will check the phone prices at the Nagoya airport as I am heading over this weekend for 4 days. I get to go again in May and June of next year, making that my 9 and 10th trip over. I just have hard time with the 13 hrs 25 minute flight from Detroit to Nagoya it is a killer on tall people.