iphone convert and loving it

marshman_88

Reaction score
Hey everyone my name is Marshal and I recently purchased a Droid X on Verizon. My previous phone was an iphone 3GS on AT&T. The iphone was great to me but the lack of customization and the horrible AT&T data network led me to where I am now. I have had my Droid X four days now and I am already addicted. I tell my phone what to do now, not the other way around. Lol. I am fairly tech savvy and have experience with a smartphone but the Droid X just opens up so many more possibilities. That being said I am sure there are threads up here about taskkillers, etc. but if someone could point me in the direction of a good thread that weighs the pros and cons of taskkillers it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the great forum! dancedroid

droidman101

Reaction score
Hey everyone my name is Marshal and I recently purchased a Droid X on Verizon. My previous phone was an iphone 3GS on AT&T. The iphone was great to me but the lack of customization and the horrible AT&T data network led me to where I am now. I have had my Droid X four days now and I am already addicted. I tell my phone what to do now, not the other way around. Lol. I am fairly tech savvy and have experience with a smartphone but the Droid X just opens up so many more possibilities. That being said I am sure there are threads up here about taskkillers, etc. but if someone could point me in the direction of a good thread that weighs the pros and cons of taskkillers it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the great forum! dancedroid

well i can get started on that right here

Pros:
-Really only useful as a shortcut to kill apps that are acting crazy because:

Cons:
-Why add an app that does exactly what the Android system does best?
-Memory hogs, kill apps that use less memory for them to run than for the app to run
-Most of the apps just restart anyways because they are doing things that if you knew they were doing youd just let them run
-Killing apps that will restart actually uses MORE memory than just letting them run in the first place
-In settings under applications you can "stop" apps that you think are going crazy

so, all in all, taskillers arent very useful.

OP
M

marshman_88

Reaction score
Great! That's what I have heard from other people but there are proponents of taskkillers so I was slightly confused. Thanks for the quick reply.