Conversations Widget? New in 2.0.1?

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I never saw this before and since I haven't installed anything like it, I am wondering if this was part of the software upgrade?

Maybe it's a part of Beautiful Widgets which was upgraded? I have no info

Stigy

Reaction score
I don't have this so it might go with an application you installed.

Definitely not a part of 2.0.1 though.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I installed all the beautiful widget updates over the last day and I don't have this 'widget' either.

SCDroid

Reaction score
It's a new widget that is in the GDE update. So if you're not running GDE as your home then you don't have it. It's pretty sweet except for it takes up a whole screen. Good thing i can just add a screen for it.

OP
atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
It's a new widget that is in the GDE update. So if you're not running GDE as your home then you don't have it. It's pretty sweet except for it takes up a whole screen. Good thing i can just add a screen for it.

Thank you! I was wondering where the hell this came from. I didn't even see any notes on it on their site.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Now that there's clarity on where the widget came from we can rest easy :icon_eek:

pcandroid

Reaction score
I like it, I just added it. Its on screen 6 right now. It may just have to move closer to the home screen the more i get use to it.

svnoto

Reaction score
I have both 2.01 and GDE ver 54 and I can't seem to locate this widget... Any ideas?

I assume you add it the same way as a standard widget, right? Is it in another location?

vonfink13

Reaction score
nope it is right there...long press on home screen---widgets---conversation...it comes in two sizes...

svnoto

Reaction score
1000% sure its not there... Could it be that I'm running an older version of the GDE software? Is there any way to force an update? I am running GDE version 54...

monkeydog

Reaction score
There were 2 updates for GDE yesterday, the first only had the 4x4 widget and then the 2nd one has the 4x3 also.
Go to market -> menu button -> downloads. To force an update if one is available. (If an update is available for an app it will be on the top of the list.)