Contacts

Reaction score
My friend just got a incredible and set it up and made a gmail account. He used verizon backup to import all his contacts. Now he has basically 2 of every one. I was going to go into gmail and use find duplicates. But there were no contacts there. How can he import his contacts from his incredible?

vzwtek

Reaction score
My friend just got a incredible and set it up and made a gmail account. He used verizon backup to import all his contacts. Now he has basically 2 of every one. I was going to go into gmail and use find duplicates. But there were no contacts there. How can he import his contacts from his incredible?

Did you select all and export from the backup assistant website?

Did you go to google.com/contacts and check the contacts there?

Did any of them import on that site?

vzwtek

Reaction score
also, go to his contacts, hit the menu key, click view or display options (cant remember what its called on the incredible) then go through and make sure that backup assistant contacts are checked.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I did the same thing the other day and I noticed something this afternoon. All of the contacts backed up came into the new phone but they came in as notes, not actual numbers. I dont know why and I don't know how to make it right except by going to each one and ficing them. I had the idea of some reverse engineering by going into google mail, exporting them into a crv file and then importing them into the phone. Haven't tried it yet though. Did your friends contacts show up as noted also?