1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Syncing my Droid contacts with Gmail!

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by cap2587, Jan 9, 2011.

1. cap2587

cap2587 New Member

I realize that alot of people already have this dilemma and hoping that my post can help some fellow Droid/gmail users. I had verizon transfer all of my contacts and now they are in phone only category on my Droid. I do not have any contacts in my gmail account yet. My gmail account on the phone was set up and I selected to sync contacts and calendar. I also decided to export my phone contacts to an SD card to have as a back up. I want to get all of my phone contacts into Gmail and then have it sync automatically when I add a new contacts into either my phone or Gmail (2 way sync). I also don't want to have doubles or no contacts as a result of a mistake. Should I import my phone contacts into my gmail account via the export I created on the SD card from my Phone. What about turning off sync contacts and they turning it back on again. Will this transfer my contacts from my phone into gmail. Maybe It has to do with whether the contacts were transferred to the phone prior to me setting up my gmail account with sync for contacts/calendar. I'm sure there is a couple way's to get the desired result. What method have people chosen to use in my situation. Thanks.
  2. BIrONIC

BIrONIC New Member

I have this same situation. What was your solution?
  3. sunmykim

sunmykim New Member

There is an option in Android phones named sync. In that you can choose the accounts that you want to sync. It will sync all the contacts and add in gmail contacts.
Search tags for this page

adding contacts to gmail on droid incredible 2

droid 4 how to backup contacts to gmail

droid incredible 4 how to import contacts from gmail

droid razr transfer phone contacts to new gmail account

how do i export fom my incredible 2 contacts to google?

how do i ssync my phone to my gmail account to backup files

how do i sync my gmail contacts to my droid

how do i transfer my calendar information from my droid 3 to

how do iget my contacts from my gmail to my droid incredible

how to save contacts to gmail from htc incredible

how to transfer contacts from gmail to my android phone

i have synced my contacts to gmail on droid x phone but cann

jow to save contacts to gmail on htc incredible

synce my contacts on my droid charge

where does my droid two backup my contacts