Syncing my Droid contacts with Gmail!

cap2587

Reaction score
I realize that alot of people already have this dilemma and hoping that my post can help some fellow Droid/gmail users. I had verizon transfer all of my contacts and now they are in phone only category on my Droid. I do not have any contacts in my gmail account yet. My gmail account on the phone was set up and I selected to sync contacts and calendar. I also decided to export my phone contacts to an SD card to have as a back up. I want to get all of my phone contacts into Gmail and then have it sync automatically when I add a new contacts into either my phone or Gmail (2 way sync). I also don't want to have doubles or no contacts as a result of a mistake. Should I import my phone contacts into my gmail account via the export I created on the SD card from my Phone. What about turning off sync contacts and they turning it back on again. Will this transfer my contacts from my phone into gmail. Maybe It has to do with whether the contacts were transferred to the phone prior to me setting up my gmail account with sync for contacts/calendar. I'm sure there is a couple way's to get the desired result. What method have people chosen to use in my situation. Thanks.

sunmykim

Reaction score
I realize that alot of people already have this dilemma and hoping that my post can help some fellow Droid/gmail users. I had verizon transfer all of my contacts and now they are in phone only category on my Droid. I do not have any contacts in my gmail account yet. My gmail account on the phone was set up and I selected to sync contacts and calendar. I also decided to export my phone contacts to an SD card to have as a back up. I want to get all of my phone contacts into Gmail and then have it sync automatically when I add a new contacts into either my phone or Gmail (2 way sync). I also don't want to have doubles or no contacts as a result of a mistake. Should I import my phone contacts into my gmail account via the export I created on the SD card from my Phone. What about turning off sync contacts and they turning it back on again. Will this transfer my contacts from my phone into gmail. Maybe It has to do with whether the contacts were transferred to the phone prior to me setting up my gmail account with sync for contacts/calendar. I'm sure there is a couple way's to get the desired result. What method have people chosen to use in my situation. Thanks.
There is an option in Android phones named sync. In that you can choose the accounts that you want to sync. It will sync all the contacts and add in gmail contacts.