Solved Contacts Question

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I accidentally deleted a contact. I have contacts backed up,BUT, I DON'T WANT TO IMPORT a backed up version. I'm afraid that will double a lot of unnecessary information. I just want that phone number.

I'm contracting someone else with it, but is there a simple way to "extract" that single piece of data from an old backup, or from Google contacts?

I've never run into this before and it seems better to retrieve it from a mutual friend, rather than trying to import one contact, even if that is possible.

Thanks for any suggestions, if someone else happens to have done this.

Soccerref12

Reaction score
I accidentally deleted a contact. I have contacts backed up,BUT, I DON'T WANT TO IMPORT a backed up version. I'm afraid that will double a lot of unnecessary information. I just want that phone number.

I'm contracting someone else with it, but is there a simple way to "extract" that single piece of data from an old backup, or from Google contacts?

I've never run into this before and it seems better to retrieve it from a mutual friend, rather than trying to import one contact, even if that is possible.

Thanks for any suggestions, if someone else happens to have done this.
Have you checked on a PC? There are more options in Google contacts on a PC. Also, if your backup is a .CSV file you can edit it in Excel and create a single file to import into contacts. I'll try to check into it tomorrow on my work PC.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Have you checked on a PC? There are more options in Google contacts on a PC. Also, if your backup is a .CSV file you can edit it in Excel and create a single file to import into contacts. I'll try to check into it tomorrow on my work PC.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I hadn't thought of that! Okay, I'll start on that project.
Thank you, soccerref12

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Soccerref12

Reaction score
Here is how you can restore deleted contacts via the web on contacts.google.com (see screenshots). I had to use the older version of the web app for it to work. Let me know if it works.
Screenshot_20171128-194133.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171128-194151.jpg
    Screenshot_20171128-194151.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 290
OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Everything worked out fine. I got the accidentally deleted email, phone, etc.

Thank you for the info and time to do that to help. I really do appreciate the help and effort .

jasnooks

Reaction score
I know this is resolved, but another easy solution would be to restore all your contacts to an old phone that you don't use, then get the contact info from there. That way you don't end up with duplicates, or any other weird stuff on your good phone.

I have a couple old phones that I keep around just for situations like this.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thanks jasnooks. That's a great outside the box idea! But, in this case, my last phone had a blank screen that was noon, functional. The speaker worked, so you could hear it booting, but you couldn't see anything.

Thanks for your time and problem solving ideas. I'm gonna file that one away for future resolutions.
Thank you