How to COPY/PASTE a Contact # ??

spydergirl

Reaction score
I just added a new friend to my contact list and my husband asked me to send him the #, but I couldn't figure out how to copy/paste the number into a text message for him. On my BBerry, I could just highlight any text I wanted and copy it. I know I can do this on the Droid as well, but I can't figure out how to do it in the CONTACTS section. I'm sure it's a simple answer, but I'm stumped. :( I open the contact and can't find any way to "forward" the information to someone else and/or to copy/paste the information from the contact's information in my address book.

If anyone has figured this out, thanks in advance for any help. :)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well if you open up the contact and hit the menu button, there should be an option for share name card. Follow the steps and you can either send it via bluetooth or email. Also if you use handcent sms which is a great sms service available for free in the marketplace they have options to attach namecards to a text.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Sniper_5

Reaction score
I usually go in like I'm editing it and copy from there.

Sent from my DROID running UD2.0 @ 1Ghz

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
Well if you open up the contact and hit the menu button, there should be an option for share name card. Follow the steps and you can either send it via bluetooth or email. Also if you use handcent sms which is a great sms service available for free in the marketplace they have options to attach namecards to a text.

+1 on this. One added item. Before you hit "send" you can uncheck data elements that you don't want to share.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That is true oh don't actually have to send the hole name card.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
Thanks so much for all the help. That's exactly what I needed to know and I just downloaded the Contact Sender app. THANK YOU !!! :)