Contacts Lost

kevins686

Reaction score
I traded My RAZR Maxx in on my Droid Maxx about a month ago. I didn't realize till after the fact that many of my contacts didn't make the transition to my new phone. I do have the Micro SD card from the RAZR; is there any chance it's on that? And if do, how do I go about accessing it? Failing that, would my contacts have backed up to my Google account somehow?

furbymac

Reaction score
Unless you changed it they should back up to your Google account automatically.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Chances are slim that your most recent contact list is saved on your SD card. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe contact lists can just back up to your card on their own, you need to tell it to. I have all of my contacts stored in Google. A Verizon Corp rep would take this time to try and tell you that's why you should use their Backup Assistant lol

Sent from my Droid Maxx

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
Chances are slim that your most recent contact list is saved on your SD card. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe contact lists can just back up to your card on their own, you need to tell it to. I have all of my contacts stored in Google. A Verizon Corp rep would take this time to try and tell you that's why you should use their Backup Assistant lol

Sent from my Droid Maxx

I'm having problems with my phone and I'm a bit hesitant to do the factory reset because I'm afraid I might lose all the contacts. I did use the backup assistant (Cloud for Verizon Wireless) however I can't even get on my home screen now so the only thing left it looks like I can do IS just reset the entire phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Can't get to the hone screen in cloud?? If so, go into apps, downloaded, cloud, clear cache, clear data, forcestop..reboot..you should be good to go....hope this helps.

MAXXED OUT!!!!!

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
Can't get to the hone screen in cloud?? If so, go into apps, downloaded, cloud, clear cache, clear data, forcestop..reboot..you should be good to go....hope this helps.

MAXXED OUT!!!!!

I wish I could but once I turn on phone it just stays at the red dot with electrical sparks surrounding it. And nothing happens. It just stays like that forever...

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I wish I could but once I turn on phone it just stays at the red dot with electrical sparks surrounding it. And nothing happens. It just stays like that forever...

When did this happen? After a software update?

Sent from my Droid Maxx

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
How do I set up my Google account to save all my contacts? Where is the setting for that?

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Settings>Google>Your gmail account>check contacts and anything else you want to sync. Then make sure sync is highlighted. Then select sync all at the bottom of the Google setting page.

Last edited: