Google Gmail Contacts Miissing, Apparently Not Able to Restore

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I have one email just for CE (continuing education) to communicate and receive credits from online companies that offer classes, seminars, etc.

I had quite few contacts. The are NOT on my PC, BUT they ARE on my Phone (Droid MAXX)!?

I went on the PC and did the "restore contacts" thing for the max, of 29 days. Nothing came back.

Okay, they are somewhere....but, where?

I am not sure, but this may have happened when I had to replace my broken Droid Razr Maxx HD with the Droid MAXX. I synced my contacts, although the store started the process. I just cannot remember what account they started with or completed. And, that may have nothing to do with it.

Thanks for any suggestions or ideas.

doogald

Reaction score
Are you sure that they were Gmail contacts? If they were, on a computer browser, go to Gmail contacts: https://www.google.com/contacts

When you log in and contacts open, there is a button that says "More" with an arrow pointing down. Click that and there is a menu option "restore contacts" and follow the prompts. You can go back as far as 30 days.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I did try that, but found nothing. I did restore from My Backup Pro. I am just trying to figure why that one account list its contacts. This seems to have happened when I had to replace my phone.
Thanks for the reply, though.

TatDroid

Reaction score
There are several different ways you can store contacts on your phone. The best way is as Gmail contacts. If stored this way you will automatically see them on any computer you log on to with that account. You will also see them automatically on any new phone you activate and add that account to. No special steps needed and add Verizon doesn't need to synch anything for you.

The worst way to save them is as "phone contacts". They ONLY live on your phone and don't automatically synch anywhere. You won't see them on a Gmail account on a computer. It sounds to me like you have these saved as phone contacts.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I did try that, but found nothing. I did restore from My Backup Pro. I am just trying to figure why that one account list its contacts. This seems to have happened when I had to replace my phone.
Thanks for the reply, though.

The account that list the contacts ..connect phone to PC and copy over to computer ..then import to your Gmail account ..on PC

N3 tapa