Contacts and Birthdays

roguephoenix

Reaction score
so there's no space for birthdates on the contact info? why? :( its meant to be social friendly and they never thought that keeping track of someone's birthday is a good idea? :(

bennyj

Reaction score
I just created the additional info on my computer by editing my gmail contacts,, then it synced right up to my phone.

myriad46

Reaction score
It would be super nice if GMail synced the "birthday" info in your contacts into your calendar too, and then was able to implement this on the Droid. It could be it's own, separate calendar inside of your gCalendar to avoid duplication, but it would prevent you from having to create an all-day, recurring appointment for Bob Jones' Birthday. Right?

Spotmark

Reaction score
It would be super nice if GMail synced the "birthday" info in your contacts into your calendar too, and then was able to implement this on the Droid. It could be it's own, separate calendar inside of your gCalendar to avoid duplication, but it would prevent you from having to create an all-day, recurring appointment for Bob Jones' Birthday. Right?

It does, just go to your Google calendar settings, and add a "Contact's Birthdays" calendar.