birthday error

OP
Lenagainster

Lenagainster

Reaction score
February 29, 2012 isn't here yet. Why would it affect just dates prior to January 1, 1970?
At least one other person (TBD1) has the same error. It is unlikely that his/her OTA update and mine were somehow corrupted in the same way.
HTC is AWARE of the error as they stated in their response to my email, so why go through the pains of a factory reset to try to fix a problem with the software?
According to a computer programming guru I spoke with, January 1, 1970 was chosen as Day One in calculating dates, so that dates after 1/1/1970 are added to that number, and days before 1/1/1970 are negative numbers. Maybe the software that calculates the date to be shown in the "People" tab forgot about day Zero, and thus all dates prior to 1/1/1970 are off by one digit.
In any case, at the recommendation of HTC to use a third party app until they get around to finding and fixing the problem, the "Contacts' app from Contapps, LTD is so much better for viewing the information that I would never go back to HTC's contact list even if they fixed it.

Nikiddawg

Reaction score
I have an incredible 2 and have the same exact birthday issue. My inc has the latest ota update tho I have heard a new one is in the pipe.

lukester01

Reaction score
I had the problem and repeatedly made HTC aware. They for sure fixed it with the latest Over The Air update. Funny how they didn't document it as a fix though. I suspect that HTC does not want to admit 1/100th of the problems with this phone.

TBD1

Reaction score
I had the problem and repeatedly made HTC aware. They for sure fixed it with the latest Over The Air update. Funny how they didn't document it as a fix though. I suspect that HTC does not want to admit 1/100th of the problems with this phone.

Didn't fix it in mine.

Taco

Reaction score
Odd I never had such a problem.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Shortnic

Reaction score
I don't understand what you mean by "file default settings" and how they are "locked".

Let me restate the problem. On most, but not all, of my contacts, the information which was synced from Google contacts, both birthdates and anniversary dates show up as one day later than the actual date. If I go to the edit mode, the correct date shows. Even if I delete the date shown in the edit mode and re-enter it, upon going back to the contact, the incorrect date is shown. If I go to my contacts via Google, where the correct date is shown, re-enter it, the incorrect date shows on the Rezound contact. I force a re-sync with my Google contacts, and no correction is made. I never entered the incorrect date, so why does the Rezound show the incorrect date, always one day higher than the actual date, on most of the contacts? Sounds like a software glitch to me.

Does anyone have a fix?

I have the same problem...I kind of wonder if it's something with HTC phones b/c I had the Incredible & it did the same thing!!! Does anyone have any issues concerning contacts linking anywhere from 6-30 of the same contact? One person may have 6 Google links & another 20 Google links...same with Yahoo links. There's not any reason for it...it happened when I had my Incredible & I went through each one & fixed it, however, when my contacts were put onto my Rezound same issues again. If you get an answer please post it or lmk. It's very annoying! Tyvm!

Last edited: