Contacts and Calendar fall short

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I did a search but came up with no solid discussion about this.

There are features for contacts (birthday for example) on contacts online that you can edit but not on the phone.

I see notifications in calendar for contact anniversaries and events but no place to add them in the contacts section.

If I add a birthdate to someone in contacts, shouldn't that automatically appear in the calendar?

On the phone, there is a separate area for address, city, state and zip but online it's all one field.

Also on the phone you have a spot for given name and family name but this field does not appear in the online contacts.

Considering this is supposed to be a "Google experience phone" I see a lot of mismatching between features. Maybe I am missing something and if so, please point me in the right direction.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I don't sweat the little things....

lumpysherman

Reaction score
I had an issue where if I included my facebook contacts with my regular contacts my cousins info was merged with my nephews. My cousin is named Rick and my nephew is Rich and Rich was given Ricks name in my contacts. Couldn't find a way to change the displayed name.

les017

Reaction score
I hear you all of these items and have thought the same.

As for contact bdays....there is a setting in your google calendar online that says something like "import bdays from contgacts" and it works well. But otherwise I agree on the shortcomings of the complete integration.

vrrm

Reaction score
I'm disappointed in the Contacts on the Droid as well. You're right, it doesn't look like Gmail Contacts use the exact same fields as the Android Contacts; I'm guessing this may be a reason for the syncing problems.

Have you noticed that you if you have a contact with only a Company name (no first or last name), then that contact does not show up in a search? The contact is still in the Droid, but you have to scroll down with the white pop-up slider on the right side to find it. It's pretty inefficient.