Contact shortcut photos?

Tony_Stark

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Hello! I currently have 5 contact shortcuts on my Droid 2 home screen. How come only three of the contacts photos appear even though in my address book they all have photos? Thanks for your help!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello! I currently have 5 contact shortcuts on my Droid 2 home screen. How come only three of the contacts photos appear even though in my address book they all have photos? Thanks for your help!

Let me understand this. The contact photos are showing up on your D2 in the contacts have pictures but they are not coming up as shortcuts with pictures.

I just ran a little experiment on mine and I found that the short cuts that didn't have a phone number came up with name only. Could this be what's going on?

OP
Tony_Stark

Tony_Stark

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Hi Bill and thank you so much for your reply. You do understand the problem but the "faceless" contacts do indeed have numbers. They are set up exactly as the two shortcuts that do show the photo are. Strange I know.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Tony_Stark

Tony_Stark

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Still have not been able to come up with a solution to this problem... anyone else had smiliar problem... to recap...

On my home screen I long-touch on empty space which brings up the menu to add a shortcut... I choose to add a contact that is already set up and stored in my contact list complete with photo. Each contact has the same information in my address book. The photos are photos that I added via Gmail contacts (ie. they are not Facebook sync'd). I added 5 shortcut contacts to my home screen. Two of the Five show a minitaure photo of the pic I have assoiated with the contact. The other 3 are blank sillouhettes of a generic person's outline. Any idea why the other three don't show the photo?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Still have not been able to come up with a solution to this problem... anyone else had smiliar problem... to recap...

On my home screen I long-touch on empty space which brings up the menu to add a shortcut... I choose to add a contact that is already set up and stored in my contact list complete with photo. Each contact has the same information in my address book. The photos are photos that I added via Gmail contacts (ie. they are not Facebook sync'd). I added 5 shortcut contacts to my home screen. Two of the Five show a minitaure photo of the pic I have assoiated with the contact. The other 3 are blank sillouhettes of a generic person's outline. Any idea why the other three don't show the photo?
No idea...but why not just go back and Edit those Contacts that arent showing up...delete the associated pictures, then re-add them back...then delete the shortcuts and then re-apply them and see if that does anything...