1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Contact shortcut photos?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Tony_Stark, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Tony_Stark

Tony_Stark New Member

Hello! I currently have 5 contact shortcuts on my Droid 2 home screen. How come only three of the contacts photos appear even though in my address book they all have photos? Thanks for your help!
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Let me understand this. The contact photos are showing up on your D2 in the contacts have pictures but they are not coming up as shortcuts with pictures.

I just ran a little experiment on mine and I found that the short cuts that didn't have a phone number came up with name only. Could this be what's going on?
  3. Tony_Stark

Tony_Stark New Member

Hi Bill and thank you so much for your reply. You do understand the problem but the "faceless" contacts do indeed have numbers. They are set up exactly as the two shortcuts that do show the photo are. Strange I know.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  4. Tony_Stark

Tony_Stark New Member

Still have not been able to come up with a solution to this problem... anyone else had smiliar problem... to recap...

On my home screen I long-touch on empty space which brings up the menu to add a shortcut... I choose to add a contact that is already set up and stored in my contact list complete with photo. Each contact has the same information in my address book. The photos are photos that I added via Gmail contacts (ie. they are not Facebook sync'd). I added 5 shortcut contacts to my home screen. Two of the Five show a minitaure photo of the pic I have assoiated with the contact. The other 3 are blank sillouhettes of a generic person's outline. Any idea why the other three don't show the photo?
  5. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

No idea...but why not just go back and Edit those Contacts that arent showing up...delete the associated pictures, then re-add them back...then delete the shortcuts and then re-apply them and see if that does anything...
Search tags for this page
add picture to contact atrix2
android contact shortcut desktop image

android contact shortcut picture

android favorite contacts picture shortcut
android image shortcut
contact photos android shortcut
how do i get a picture on my shortcuts contacts android
how to add contact pic as short cut on droid phone
photo ne contact home screen shortcut
photo on shortcut contact android