Photo spontaneously added to Contact

Dusky

Reaction score
My phone is a Droid2 purchased within a week or so of when they were first offered by VZ. Until about a week ago it has been trouble free.

I have two quick contacts (Motorola widgets) on my home screen. Several days ago one of the contact widgets changed from the generic "person" image to a photo (if it matters it's a flower with a lady beetle on it).

When I look in contacts the photo is also there associated with this one contact.

I don't know how or why it (the photo) appeared. I don't have any photos associated with contacts. I also don't have this photo in any gallery that I can find.

To fix this, I have deleted the photo by editing the contact only to have the photo reappear with the same contact....sometimes within minutes and sometimes the next day.

I have also deleted the contact completely and reentered it only to have the mystery photo reappear with the recreated contact. I have also rebooted several times with no apparent effect.

BTW, this contact is one that has been on my phone since the phone was new ~1 year ago.

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on?

Last edited:

UNC

Reaction score
My phone is a Droid2 purchased ~1 year ago from Verizon. Until about a week ago it has been trouble free.

I have two quick contacts (Motorola widgets) on my home screen. Several days ago one of the contact widgets changed from the generic "person" image to a photo (if it matters it's a flower with a lady beetle on it).

When I look in contacts the photo is also there associated with this one contact.

I don't know how or why it (the photo) appeared. I don't have any photos associated with contacts. I also don't have this photo in any gallery that I can find.

To fix this, I have deleted the photo by editing the contact only to have the photo reappear with the same contact....sometimes within minutes and sometimes the next day.

I have also deleted the contact completely and reentered it only to have the mystery photo reappear with the recreated contact. I have also rebooted several times with no apparent effect.

BTW, this contact is one that has been on my phone since the phone was new ~1 year ago.

Do you have sync with Twitter or FB? It could be a picture from one of those services... Anyway, didnt the D2 come out in August???

OP
D

Dusky

Reaction score
My phone is a Droid2 purchased ~1 year ago from Verizon. Until about a week ago it has been trouble free.

Do you have sync with Twitter or FB? It could be a picture from one of those services... Anyway, didnt the D2 come out in August???
No syncing with Twitter or Facebook. This contact doesn't have an account on either. I have a FB account but don' really use it. I do have the FB app on the phone.

My purchase date was a little off I guess. I bought it within the first week or so they were available.

OP
D

Dusky

Reaction score
Twitter & FB made me think of other syncs. This contact is synced with Google contacts. I checked my Google contacts and the photo is also there (I didn't put it there and don't have other Google contact photos). Don't know if the override is coming from Google or the Droid.

I deleted in both places now so hopefully it will stick now