Confused Between Droid And Milestone

Never

Reaction score
Hey , I am from India and I have a Vodafone SIM Card .
I was thinking of buying a slider-QWERTY Droid phone , with following features -

1.Skype video chat
2.Cyanogenmod support
3.I should be able to use it with my GSM Vodafone SIM Card without any restrictions .

I don't really understand the difference between Droid and Milestone anyways , please suggest a phone like that .

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the droid line... is moto's verizon... cdma line.. like the droid 2... is cdma...
the milestone... the milestone 2... is pretty much the same phone... but gsm instead...

OP
N

Never

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply , but can you suggest a phone based on my parameters ?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Neither Milestone 1 or 2 have front facing cameras, those will be a no go for video chat.

I don't know of any unlocked sliders with a front facing camera, but there are too many devices to keep track of so one may exist.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's a Sony Xperia slider with a front facing camera, but it's newer so will be quite a bit more. I'm guessing cost is important as you're looking at the original droid/milestone.

OP
N

Never

Reaction score
There's a Sony Xperia slider with a front facing camera, but it's newer so will be quite a bit more. I'm guessing cost is important as you're looking at the original droid/milestone.

Cost should be under 300$ . Please suggest one .

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Samsung Stratosphere is probably your best bet. Unfortunately no one has been making many sliders lately.

OP
N

Never

Reaction score
Can't the Droid 2 Global be used with any GSM SIM card worldwide ?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Droid 3 possibly. It's a "world phone" and has a front facing camera. There are four versions, not sure which would be the best choice.

1) Skype Video Chat works
2) CyanogenMod is available (by Hashcode) but video does not work. Cameras do for taking pictures only.
3) I don't know...

Price is going to above $300 unless you can find one used. Retail (XT862) from Motorola is $549.

XT862 (Verizon), XT860 and XT883 and Motorola Milestone 3.

Hardware difference: XT862 vs XT860 vs XT883 - xda-developers