1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooting a milestone and using wifi tether?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jimmyjava, Aug 4, 2010.

1. jimmyjava

jimmyjava New Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to use my existing VZW SIM card (that I used to use with my old blackberry world phone), in a Canadian or European Milestone, and also root the device and run wifi tether? I ask because I will be going to Germany for Oktoberfest, and I MUST have internet access in my pocket.

From what I understand (and please correct me if I'm wrong), the Milestone *can* be rooted with a modded update.zip, but the bootloader is signed, and this somehow complicates things. I'm unsure what the implications of this are, but I wonder:

• Can I install Bugless Beast?
    • Can I install other restricted apps?
    • Is installing a modded kernel necessary to run wifi tether?
    • Can I install Chevy's kernel (overclocking is unnecessary)?
    • Do you think VZW will allow me to just pay a flat rate for unlimited international data roaming the way they did with my blackberry?
Search tags for this page
droid x milestone tether
droidx milestone tethering
milestone tether
milestone tethering

milestone wifi tethering

milestone x wifi tether
motorola milestone tether wifi
motorola milestone tethering
motorola milestone wifi teathering
motorola milestone x2 tethering
teather milestone x