Confirmed: clockwork works on my droid 3.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Does anyone have a stock backup to recover to? I know there are a lot of people who are still having issues with Contacts FCing whenever you try to open or edit a contact(myself included) and with that in tow I think many people will be able to restore that functionality.

Or if I am totally wrong and this is not how CWM recovery works?

Go to XDA and use Pete's Root Tools, it can restore your system apps. The FC's are occurring b/c you deleted the Yahoo apps.

Post #3 download the tools, extract to desktop, run batch and follow instructions.

Warglock

Reaction score
Go to XDA and use Pete's Root Tools, it can restore your system apps. The FC's are occurring b/c you deleted the Yahoo apps.

Post #3 download the tools, extract to desktop, run batch and follow instructions.

I didn't delete any apps, I froze them with TB. I had already run Pete's Root Tools and restore all the system apps to make sure I didn't have a case of fat fingers, but it turns out the yahoo apps got included in the batch freeze from before using Pete's Root Tools. I just unfroze them and restarted my phone and now my contacts functionality works. Thanks a heap Yonnor. I wasn't aware the contacts functionality on the D3 was reliant upon 3rd party apps.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Haha Your welcome :)

I had initially done the same thing (i deleted them though). Its so strange to see that moto/vz have the stock contact app dependent on a yahoo app. I cant wait for custom roms so we wont have to worry bout that stuff.

Beamed down from my Droid 3

dustyjerran

Reaction score
when i go to the bp tools i just get a boot loop does anyone know what i need to do different i have uninstalled and reinstalled app and does the same thing

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I have already bricked my phone like 4 days ago and I got it back to stock in no time with the files they have provided

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

How can you even brick your phone already?
What could you possibly do wrong?!

Reaction score
I bricked mine for the first time today with the tbh toolbox tried to change the battery in the notification bar and bam bricked it. Don't know why but im up and running again. Wont try that again.

jpblock82

Reaction score
Installing clockwork then going to flash recovery doesn't give a Droid 3 option... so now what??

Sent from my DROID3

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Installing clockwork then going to flash recovery doesn't give a Droid 3 option... so now what??

That's because you didn't install clockworkmod you installed Rom Manager. Look for the related post/links on this forum on how to install the Clockworkmod Recovery (derivative) for the Droid 3. Rom Manager knows nothing about the Droid 3 and does not offer a compatible Recovery.

Sent from my DROID3

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
I used the rom toolbox battery increments and it worked just fine in my status bar

Reaction score
Ya I think I did something wrong. I noticed that before I downloaded the toolbox it said that I should have all my boatware and I had frozen a lot of it so I think that might have done it.

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
I have a lot of my bloatware frozen and it didn't mess me up. Idk bro