Computer no longer recognizes Rezound

RVnut

Reaction score
I have had my Rezound since it first came out and up until Nov had no problem. Now when I try to connect to PC via USB, my computer does not see it. Have rebooted, pulled sim card, reloaded HTC sync to pc, reset all the debug and disk switches. Need some help here, please!!!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you try a different USB port?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

OP
R

RVnut

Reaction score
Yes I tried a different USB slot, also tried a different computer. Sam result

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you tried a different computer as well, with the HTC drivers as well? Have you tried putting the phone in different USB modes like mass storage etc...?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Is USB debugging checked? Go into "Settings" --->"Developer options" and make sure "USB debugging" is checked.

Also check out "Settings"--->"Connect to PC" and see how that is set up.

Last edited:
OP
R

RVnut

Reaction score
Is USB debugging checked? Go into "Settings" --->"Developer options" and make sure "USB debugging" is checked.

Also check out "Settings"--->"Connect to PC" and see how that is set up.

Done that multiple times. Connect to PC is set to disk, also tried ask me on/off.

OP
R

RVnut

Reaction score
After trying everything, called Verison Tech support. Their solution is to send me a new (recertified phone). Will try it once I get it and see if I have the same problem.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Hopefully that will solve your problem. BTW...What kind of RV do you have? Of course I'm assuming that RV stands for recreational vehicle.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

OP
R

RVnut

Reaction score
Got phone it is now connecting to PC. Now I have to reload all my apps.

BTW, we have a 2009 40 ft Tiffin Phaeton.

jakegsxr11

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the rezound however I had the same issue on my razr. My issue was a process called "ChargeOnlyMode" I found it under the manage apps catagory and when I stopped the process everything went back to normal. If you still have the old phone I'd be curious to see if it was a similar issue..

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Got phone it is now connecting to PC. Now I have to reload all my apps.

BTW, we have a 2009 40 ft Tiffin Phaeton.

Glad to hear you got the phone working.

That's a beautiful motorhome. We have a 33' Salem travel trailer towed by....a Dodge Ram of course. I love camping!

OP
R

RVnut

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the rezound however I had the same issue on my razr. My issue was a process called "ChargeOnlyMode" I found it under the manage apps catagory and when I stopped the process everything went back to normal. If you still have the old phone I'd be curious to see if it was a similar issue..

Don't have the old phone so cannot test it, but looked and could not find the "chargeonlymode". Can you breakdown the steps to it? Would like to see if I can find it. Which Razr do to have?

jakegsxr11

Reaction score
I have a Razr Maxx....
-From the home screen select the menu button
-Select manage apps
-In the all tab, ChargeOnlyMode was found (This was when I was using ICS, I no longer see this on JB) maybe it is the new code that got rid of it or maybe it is only
there if it is active?

acejavelin

Reaction score
In scanning through the ROM's file system, I do not see this file, although I suppose it could be a process by another application... Probably Motorola specific, I will check out my son's Bionic and see if I can make a comparison this weekend.