Comming from DroidX

choptop

Reaction score
Hi, just picked up my Razr Maxx and getting back to the forum to learn more about it. Read alot abouts "leaks" and such, mine has a build date of June 14th, is the 4.0.4 and I take it has the latest ICS installed. Not sure about rooting at this point, just want to keep it as current as possible. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hi, just picked up my Razr Maxx and getting back to the forum to learn more about it. Read alot abouts "leaks" and such, mine has a build date of June 14th, is the 4.0.4 and I take it has the latest ICS installed. Not sure about rooting at this point, just want to keep it as current as possible. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
It appears you have the latest system software. There are a couple of leaks (.214 and .215) out. I'm running .215 (the latest over the air is .211) but to be honest I can't tell the difference between it and .211. Some users report better 4g connectivity...I haven't seen a difference. If you decide to root the best (and safest) method in my opinion is Matt G's RazrUtility 1.8 or 1.81. The utility has a number of different option to include root, restoring back to stock .211, installation of current drivers, installation of BootStrap or Safestrap and a couple of other I don't remember or use. You can find the utility next door in the Hacks section. Welcome back to the forums.

OP
choptop

choptop

Reaction score
Thank you, always nice to have a new toy w/new things to play with. Just read up on Matts 215, may do it,and his root, have rooted a droid in the past, not sure if I will do this one,as I get older and slow down, the phones get faster, natural rooting I guess. lol