Come on verizon cut us bionic owners a break

gchave

Reaction score
I am so over this whole complaining about phones bionic vs razr blah blah blah... I just would like to say something, so i went to the verizon store today because i want to get something to use the webtop app on my binoic. I was thinking of getting myself the Lapdock but! The one for the bionic is crap and is $300 while the one for Razr is better and is $199.not to mention they said they dont even have the bionic one in stores anymore
I kept my cool and looked past that...and said ok how about the HD dock station and ill get the bluetooth keyboard (basically the same thing cus the docking station uses the webtop) and i saw it was onsale for $9.99 but! they said no that docking staion is only for the Razr the one for the bionic is $100.... I walked out
I like the bionic alot but come on.. Its just not cool, bionic owners just cant catch a break.

jzmax22

Reaction score
I just called VZW and let then know what I thought of my Bionic experience, don't get me wrong, its a sick phone. Just for me my experience has not been great.

Needless to say my shiny new galaxy nex is on the way.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

fatpomp

Reaction score
gchave;[URL="tel:1928085" said:
1928085[/URL]]I am so over this whole complaining about phones bionic vs razr blah blah blah... I just would like to say something, so i went to the verizon store today because i want to get something to use the webtop app on my binoic. I was thinking of getting myself the Lapdock but! The one for the bionic is crap and is $300 while the one for Razr is better and is $199.not to mention they said they dont even have the bionic one in stores anymore
I kept my cool and looked past that...and said ok how about the HD dock station and ill get the bluetooth keyboard (basically the same thing cus the docking station uses the webtop) and i saw it was onsale for $9.99 but! they said no that docking staion is only for the Razr the one for the bionic is $100.... I walked out
I like the bionic alot but come on.. Its just not cool, bionic owners just cant catch a break.

Just so you know the lapdock 100 (the one for the razor) works with the bionic so you could get that one if you wanted. My guess is they don't want you to know its compatible so you spend $300 on the bionic branded one, The lapdock for the atrix will also work with the bionic with a simple modification. I picked up the atrix lapdock for $65 shipped and am typing this from it right now. Personally I think the build quality on the bionic and atrix lapdock is way better than the lapdock 100 but thats just me.

Batman8

Reaction score
Things seem to be a bit different in NYC than here in Chicago. I just walked into one of my local Verizon stores and bought the Lapdock about a week ago and it only cost $199. It was $299 when the Bionic launched but has dropped in price some time ago here.

Maybe lots of things are out of stock because it's getting closer to Christmas (??)...at least the Bionic stuff is selling better than the Razr accessories. :)

I have also had a few "extremely unpleasant experiences" in Verizon stores too over the last 21 years that I've been a customer, so I feel your pain (OP). However, don't let it get to you, good luck and Happy Holidays.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I am so over this whole complaining about phones bionic vs razr blah blah blah... I just would like to say something, so i went to the verizon store today because i want to get something to use the webtop app on my binoic. I was thinking of getting myself the Lapdock but! The one for the bionic is crap and is $300 while the one for Razr is better and is $199.not to mention they said they dont even have the bionic one in stores anymore

Sucks. But if you do want to try webtop, the HDMI dock is definitely worth it IMO, especially if you have a nice HD screen to view it on. But don't waste money on Verizon's bluetooth keyboard -- the HDMI dock has 3x USB ports, which you can plug a wireless USB keyboard or mouse into and it works great. I picked up a Logitech keyboard/mouse combo on sale for about $30 and it works great off of one combined USB dongle. I have a lot of fun with webtop, especially since the 5.5.893 update which improved webtop memory usage significantly.

OP
gchave

gchave

Reaction score
thanks guys. yeah after i sent this i started searching more and found info on how the bionic works with most web top accessories. does anyone know if you can get this lapdocks anywhere else? like best buy or something.. also has anyone used the 500 yet? is it a lot bigger? or much different then the 100?

DROID11

Reaction score
I just called VZW and let then know what I thought of my Bionic experience, don't get me wrong, its a sick phone. Just for me my experience has not been great.

Needless to say my shiny new galaxy nex is on the way.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

How did you get a nexus out of the deal?

z96Cobra

Reaction score
I have also had a few "extremely unpleasant experiences" in Verizon stores too over the last 21 years that I've been a customer, so I feel your pain (OP)...

FWIW, Verizon has only been "Verizon" since 2000, 11 years now.

wseyller

Reaction score
I got the ATRIX lapdock for $75. Modify it and works pretty good. There is also a wedtop hack that can be installed. It works so that you plug in the hdmi cable into a monitor and it gives you that ability without an extra accessory. Your phone becomes a touch pad and keyboard for what its worth.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jimbarr

Reaction score
I got the ATRIX lapdock for $75. Modify it and works pretty good. There is also a wedtop hack that can be installed. It works so that you plug in the hdmi cable into a monitor and it gives you that ability without an extra accessory. Your phone becomes a touch pad and keyboard for what its worth.

I just did this last night, and it really is impressive. My only complaint is that there is no audio at all. My guess is that it's likely the cheap cable I bought from Amazon.com. The video is beautiful, just no audio. And the touchpad on the Bionic itself was a real surprise. Really makes me want to re-think about getting a Lapdock.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
There was a sound bug through hdmi i believe before moto released the latest update. Certain videos on webpages didnt have sound for me either, but now they do for me after the 901 update. Not sure if 901 is considered an official update though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk