Code Corrupt: Phone not turning on.

Hazadaza

Reaction score
Hey, this is the first time i have been on this site and i really just signed up to see if anyone could help me with my phone issue:

I have a Motorola Milestone that's about a year old, running on Android of course. A few days ago i went hiking and camping, and took my phone with me but planned to have it switched off in my bag the whole time just for emergencies. On the 3rd day of a 5 day expedition, i got my phone out to just have a check but it wouldn't switch on. I thought one of two things could have happened:

i) It switched itself on in my bag and completely drained it's battery
ii) It got waterlogged the previous day when i was rained on for 3 hours and something more serious has gone wrong.

Anyway i got home yesterday and immediately went to charge (wall socket charger) my phone and got the following message:

Bootloader

Code Corrupt

Battery Low
Cannot Programme

I left it plugged in for a couple of hours but nothing changed. I tried to dry out my phone over night but this morning nothing had changed. I've had a look online for people with the same problem and found a few similar things but nothing with exactly the same message. Does anybody have any idea what's happened and how, if possible, it can be fixed?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are a couple things to try.

When plugged into the charger is the little white light on where the cord plugs into the phone

1) Leave it on charge longer (plugged into the wall, not a computer)

2) Try someone else's phone. Even a local phone store can test your battery for you.

3) Try stock recovery..hold power and X key, without letting go of X key. When Triangle and ! appears, release X key then use volume and camera shutter to get to the menus. Clear data/cache and factory reset.
This will make your phone just like it was when you first got it.

4) RSD Lite and the SBF file for your phone, the Milestone. Others report that sometimes it takes 3-4 times for it to work.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&...=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=3e67cd2feba15e18 shows others have indeed gotten your exact same error message and recovered from it. Good luck and welcome to DF!