1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I think my phone died.. ): (Water damage maybe? Help?)

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by justthisonegirl, Aug 31, 2012.

1. justthisonegirl

justthisonegirl New Member

Soo tonight I was cheering for a game and it was raining my phone was in my bag and I guess it got wet more or less. I noticed that even though I hadn't used the phone for some hours the front of the phone (the screen) was pretty warm and there was also some kind of condensation under the screen or something. I took the battery out and left for a few minutes when I got home then put it back in and then the phone wouldn't turn on AT ALL. And its still doing that. Im not sure really what to do. Should I wait it out? Should I charge it? Help?
  2. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

You should first remove the battery. NEVER put a battery into or turn on a phone that shows moisture or water damage.

Next, grab a brand new plastic bag or sealed container of RICE and open it, drop the open phone with no battery or back on it into the rice and make sure it's completely surrounded by the rice. Close the bag or container and leave it for at least 24 hours. Once done, you can remove it and try to replace the battery and power up again.
Search tags for this page

black screen of death after water damage

droid2 rain damaged speaker

htc dna water damage

i think my phone got wet help s3

left droid dna in rain screen has water in it how to remove

motorola droid 2 black screen of death after water

my phone died from water

my phone got wet and the screen is black

phone died in rain

phone dies randomly water damage

water damage android phone