cm6???

ksbell0906

Reaction score
can anyone p6oint me in the right direction to dl cm so i dont have to use rom manager its my 1st time flashing a rom thxs alot

OP
K

ksbell0906

Reaction score
hey you've helped me alot lately lol but what do u mean

OP
K

ksbell0906

Reaction score
which one do i dl and then do i just rename the cm6 file and the google file to update.zip then do my thing recovery

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
http://mirror.kanged.net/cm/stable/droid/update-cm-6.0.0-Droid-signed.zip

Download, rename it update.zip, put it on the root of your SD card, reboot into recovery, make a backup, allow update.zip install, install update.zip (deprecated). Allow it to boot to make sure all is well then reboot into recovery and do the exact same thing for the app pack:

http://mirror.kanged.net/gapps/gapps-hdpi-20100817-signed.zip

If you use the Bluetooth Voice Dialer you'll need to follow the instructions here to get it to work. It's a glaring bug, but it should be fixed in the next version.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/koush/76477-bluetooth-voice-dialer-issues.html

OP
K

ksbell0906

Reaction score
i dont know what i would do without you SOMEONE plz make this man a mod/admin sumthing....so rite after i flash the rom and it reboots just do it all over again but with the google apps...and lol sorry but wat am i doing just putting google apps back on my phone and i planed on using titiaum backup will that interfer

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Correct. Ti Backup/Google app pack won't interfere with each other. Doing the app pack is the only way to get the market back on your phone and working, and I do believe Ti Backups needs the market for updates and stuff. :)

OP
K

ksbell0906

Reaction score
thx u again so much one last question and ill be on my way using my 1st rom...on every rom do i they have a google app pak like the one u gave me

brochaos

Reaction score
most AOSP (source) roms have the extra package, if they want to follow google's rules. leak based roms don't.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
You can actually flash the gapps right after flashing the rom while still in recovery..

Flash the rom then with your device connected to the USB choose mount options/enable mass storage mode. Then find you're SD card on your computer and change the gapps to update.zip and change the rom to another name disable mass storage back out to install/ allow update.zip/install update.zip (depradated) then reboot.

Sent from my Droid

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Cereal Killer you are going to give this guy information overload lol. It's his first ROM. I know when ai installed my first ROM I woulda looked at you and said....WHAT? No he's right though if you are already familiar with ADB and have the drivers and everything downloaded onto your computer that is indeed the way to go.

OP
K

ksbell0906

Reaction score
err last question wat do u do with the your old update.zip file...just leave it there...i have one there from when i rooted using motoscache thread

OP
K

ksbell0906

Reaction score
thx u all for your help i running cm6 and love it but why cant i change my backround lol ill be flashing a theme later but for now id like to change my backround and it wont let me