Cm6

bigsal82

Reaction score
im running alpha 7 and im shocked theres still more work to be done... 16 hours and just hit 30 percent battery with medium use. also running with it stock kernel at 800mhz i dont think i need it any faster.

this is gonna be an epic release. I will add sapphire is looking promising as well. will keep an eye on it

captdroid

Reaction score
Just loaded up CM6 Alpha7... No problems so far, seems to run quite nicely for alpha. Most if not all my apps restored from the market and are showing as downloaded. I have a Titanium backup to restore any apps and data.

I just couldn't wait for the official release to try out CM6 :icon_ banana:

Update: Yea it missed downloading some apps from the market.

Last edited:

tdog7879

Reaction score
for everyone using the alpha CM6 ...how does the apps to sd work?

tdog7879

Reaction score
for everyone using the alpha CM6 ...how does the apps to sd work?

Found under settings, CyanogenMod settings, Application settings, install location... 3 options.
Thanks i havent installed yet i was just curious. Do they have an overclocked kernel for it or you can use any kernel ... also im not sure if its cool but can someone post a link for the rom or send me a pm

Thanks again

captdroid

Reaction score
Last edited:

tdog7879

Reaction score

captdroid

Reaction score
I am not aware the mods this forum objecting to a download link. After all Koush has a forum here. I'm sure the mods will let me know if they do.

Index of /motorola/sholes

Quick note for all... this 'Alpha' stuff (Froyo) probably has bugs! and is not supported. Not official releases.

jdlfg has some specific kernels for this ROM..

jdlfg kernels v.32.2.0 for Froyo 2.2 New v.32.2.1 kernels rom specific to cm - CyanogenMod Forum
Thanks.......

Sure... my understanding is these 'Alpha' builds are automated builds of some sort as the Devs make progress. From reading I gathered the Devs of this ROM while it's in Alpha stages don't want to hear about bugs. They have lots of testers already is my understanding.

Last edited:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not quite: the "nightlies" are automated and built by bots; the "alphas" are a little more stable, but obviously are test builds. Some comment on problems with alpha builds could perhaps be welcomed, whereas reporting bugs on nightlies is verboten. They are a zero support product.

captdroid

Reaction score
Not quite: the "nightlies" are automated and built by bots; the "alphas" are a little more stable, but obviously are test builds. Some comment on problems with alpha builds could perhaps be welcomed, whereas reporting bugs on nightlies is verboten. They are a zero support product.

I see... thanks for clearing that up. I'm off loading another ROM now... lol

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
CM6 on my incredible

Anyone else getting some sort of acore error with this rom.

I've tried many times to start over clean and no matter what I do it comes back. Not sure what it even is let alone how to fix it.
I seen it once before using CM on my moto droid, not sure what it was or how I fixed it but, I dont have as many choices of roms or thems to run on the incredible yet.

On my Motodroid I just left CM, but right now its the only froyo on incredible. so I want to use it.

EDIT: I figured it out/fixed it. Was contacts, My bad when I tried to theme it I put the one from 2.1 rom in by mystake, just took the one from my BBv0.4SuperTheme install and all is good now.

So now I have My SuperTheme working on CM6 Woohoo.

Had loaded this one by Mystake its from CM5.0.8 rom when I themed that.
CAP201007072226.jpg

Here's what the newer one looks like now.
CAP2010071111172.jpg

Last edited:

Doctor

Reaction score
Anyone else getting some sort of acore error with this rom.

I've tried many times to start over clean and no matter what I do it comes back. Not sure what it even is let alone how to fix it.
I seen it once before using CM on my moto droid, not sure what it was or how I fixed it but, I dont have as many choices of roms or thems to run on the incredible yet.

On my Motodroid I just left CM, but right now its the only froyo on incredible. so I want to use it.
I can't help you with the Incredible, but will suggest that you go to the #cyanogenmod IRC channel and ask someone there.
If you'e not familiar with IRC, just go here: freenode Web IRC (qwebirc) and sign in with the same nick you're using in this forum.
Good Luck!
:)
Doc

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Thanks for the quick reply

I figured my issue out, was me being dumb :)

When I setup my install, I took files from the 5.0.8 install, I meant to skip the contacts cause that one is different, but guess I grabbed it as well when I put all my apk's and stuff into the CM6 install zip. I added my theme as well to the framework and all is working so far :) Now that I put the contacts from another froyo rom. :)

Sing1gniS

Reaction score
I'm trying out alpha7 and everything is running great except some of my contact pictures aren't syncing up. Is this happening to everyone else? If not, how do I fix it?