I want to start a bounty for super battery for the droid.

Reaction score
this is for koush or whoever has the manjuice to get this working on CM6. im not talking crazy money, but it'd be worth at least $20 to me and considering how cheap i am that's saying a lot..this is the only thing other phones have that I want, and I think we deserve it.

original post here...

[MOD][26-Aug] Super Circle Battery with % |Version A, B, C, D, E & F| Desire 2.2 ROM - xda-developers

sample pic of what im talking about

82291341.png

Now, ChevyNo1 has already managed to mod his battery xml files to allow for 10% increments in his battery icons, I think someone with the skill to do so should take a whack at this for us.

anyone? pretty please? :)

Se7enLC

Reaction score
this is for koush or whoever has the manjuice to get this working on CM6. im not talking crazy money, but it'd be worth at least $20 to me and considering how cheap i am that's saying a lot..this is the only thing other phones have that I want, and I think we deserve it.

original post here...

[MOD][26-Aug] Super Circle Battery with % |Version A, B, C, D, E & F| Desire 2.2 ROM - xda-developers

sample pic of what im talking about

82291341.png

Now, ChevyNo1 has already managed to mod his battery xml files to allow for 10% increments in his battery icons, I think someone with the skill to do so should take a whack at this for us.

anyone? pretty please? :)

I take it you already tried following the directions in that thread and it didn't work?

OP
G
Reaction score
yea...it loads the first couple screens of the boot animation then loops them and doesnt start up..

Se7enLC

Reaction score
yea...it loads the first couple screens of the boot animation then loops them and doesnt start up..

Ever? I know from previous experience that when you modify your framework-res.apk file it takes FOREVER for that first reboot (like 5-10 minutes, even). But I also would not be surprised if this hack didn't work on CM, since CM heavily modifies code related to the framework (allowing the modifiable colors, etc.

OP
G
Reaction score
i cant say it didnt boot up ever.. i watched the boot ani go through the first couple images maybe 10-15 times before i pulled the battery and restored...

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
I followed the instructions and did this to the framework-res.apk off my "stock, rooted" FRG22D phone and it worked fine. Since I have a white status bar, I went with the "FBD" set. Looks sharp. If you want a second set of eyes to give it a shot for you, put your framework-res.apk somewhere I can grab it and tell me which set-code you want. The pic you posted looks like the "EG" set.

Attachments

• Lock screen with battery circle FBD.png
    Lock screen with battery circle FBD.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,563
OP
G
Reaction score
no way...that's awesome...and it shows 100, 99, 98 etc.?

just tried again, it went through this time but after i flashed it started to loop the boot animation...this sucks. this is what the bounty's for, to get it working in CM6..i'd hate to go through the trouble of getting back to a stock version of 2.2 just for this battery.

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
no way...that's awesome...and it shows 100, 99, 98 etc.?

just tried again, it went through this time but after i flashed it started to loop the boot animation...this sucks. this is what the bounty's for, to get it working in CM6..i'd hate to go through the trouble of getting back to a stock version of 2.2 just for this battery.
Well, I didn't know the answer at first because it took awhile to show something less than 100. The next step was 90. So, even though all the images are there for 100, 99, 98, etc., the thing that uses (or drives) the images is still using a "by 10's" resolution.

OP
G
Reaction score
yep, i think it might be the best we can do on droids...i think htc implemented the 1% increment battery reporting so i dont know if its even possible to have our batteries report every percent because of how moto designed it..

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Wouldn't this affect battery life? lol... Since instead of updating 10 times until your battery dies it updates 101 times.. Just my thoughts, pretty cool if it worked.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thing is this. Is there any battery widget that goes by 1 percent increments on the droid?