CM 6.0 froze me up

JaredElick

Reaction score
So, I was told by a friend that my Droid issues would be solved if i switched from BuglessBeast to Cyanogen Mod.

I downlaoded it just fine, it installed, and I started to boot up, but it stayed on the Cyanogen loading screen.

For an hour.

I plugged the USB into my laptop, and, like magic, it turned on.

No home screens, no menu. I can only access apps that are open at startup.

I can reboot into recovery, but I don't know if i should, and, at the risk of seeming like a normie, I'm not sure what option to select in ClockworkMod.

I did make a backup of BuglessBeast.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum! Most CM bootloops are caused by either bad ROM flashes or insufficient wiping between builds. Were you running a custom kernel on BB?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
As FBM said, some phones don't like the kernel that comes with CM. Either try flashing a different kernel only, or for the quick fix, obviously just restore your backup.

good luck

OP
J

JaredElick

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I actually called a friend and he walked me through recovering it.

My question is, though, should I try again? Was it a bad ROM flash? If I tried again, would I just be wasting a ton of time?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Actually, if you want to try it again through rom manager, make sure you select both the backup and wipe data/cache options. It should work a bit better that way. But don't do it today because the market is down, threads all over the world today complaining of market issues.

good luck