Clockwork Recovery Won't Flash any ROM's

IMRoMuLuS

Reaction score
Ok. So I tried to install the Bloatware Script to my phone and I can't seem to get that working, but I am more interested in getting the Fission ROM installed but when I run clockwork (either Bootstrap or ROMManager) I always get 2 types of errors.

When running straight through ROMManager I just get stuck on the screen with a ! in a triangle than i'll press the power button and sex text and the options, It says there was:

E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

So then I Disable the Signature Check and I get stuck on this screen...

dsc2616e.jpg

I have tried re-installing the ROMManager and Bootstrap, I tried running the Update.zip, which has failed as well (gets stuck 1/3 of the way through).

I can't install any ROMS.

Any Ideas on how to help? I am 2 minutes away from breaking down lol.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think you do not have a good installation of Clockwork. I assume you load it via Rom Manager? If that is the case, I would suggest that you reflash it until you get the pop up notification telling you the installation was successful within 3-5 seconds of pressing the CDMA ok button. Just keep flashing it until it loads that quickly. If you can not get it to take, try a reboot and then redo the flashing.

OP
I

IMRoMuLuS

Reaction score
I think you do not have a good installation of Clockwork. I assume you load it via Rom Manager? If that is the case, I would suggest that you reflash it until you get the pop up notification telling you the installation was successful within 3-5 seconds of pressing the CDMA ok button. Just keep flashing it until it loads that quickly. If you can not get it to take, try a reboot and then redo the flashing.

Reflash my phone SBF or the application itself? And whats Flash should I use?

Im currently using Flash Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.8

All failed to load.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

All failed to load.

Oh, I was afraid of this. This is very, very different from my experience with my Droid 1. You load clockwork via sbf and not through Rom Manager don't you? I'll find someone to help you. Sit tight for a few.

OP
I

IMRoMuLuS

Reaction score
Okay..have just copied PC747 post to TBH (mydroidworld)I think thi will help you out using SBF!

"If you are not familiar on how to use RSDLite here is a brief overview

Method 1: While phone is on
[COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Switch[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] your device to PC mode
Turn on debugging mode (settings>applications>development>debugging mode)
Launch RSDLite (make sure device appears in window)
Select SBF
Start
Device will switch to [COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]bootloader[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and begin the flashing process and will reboot when it is complete.

Method 2: While phone is off
To manually put your device in bootloader mode:
Turn off device
press and hold the up and down volume buttons
power on device (continue to hold the up and down volume buttons)
wala - you are in bootloader mode
Launch RSDLite (make sure device appears in window)
Select SBF
Start"

Ya, I did the SBF Already. Also I figured out the problem.

I was using a MacBook Pro to download the ROM's. When you download a zip it automatically unzips it for you. So i would manually have to re-zip the file

So all I did was download from my PC, so that it wouldn't unzip and it worked. Apparently Apple has a MAC_OSX folder inside the zip.

Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it.

Fission 2.5.7 on my D2G.

OP
I

IMRoMuLuS

Reaction score

All failed to load.

Oh, I was afraid of this. This is very, very different from my experience with my Droid 1. You load clockwork via sbf and not through Rom Manager don't you? I'll find someone to help you. Sit tight for a few.

ok. But now I loaded Fission, and i have the Fission animation screen but it seems to be looping... Should i just wait a while for it to load up or...?

wilboy

Reaction score
OP
I

IMRoMuLuS

Reaction score
OK... New problem. I got into Fission ROM and i can navigate around, but i have no cellular signal and i cant select mobile networks in the settings

wilboy

Reaction score
May be its some kind of glitches,try batt. pull for 5 sec. and put it back on!