Clicky Offering $5,000 for Development of Android Widget

Discussion in 'Android News' started by wuyanks, Jul 2, 2010.

1. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Special notice to all Android developers/Java coders and the like! Clicky has just today announced that it is looking for a skilled developer to write an Android desktop widget for its web analytic services. Are you up to the challenge?

If you're not familiar with Clicky, here is an excerpt off their website:

Clicky already has found success with their app for the iPhone, but it seems that the analytic service is serious about entering the Android arena. And funding a widget would certainly be a great start. Clicky is specifically looking for a widget "to always have our stats available at a quick glance", and "control the entire app without actually being inside the app."

Here are the gritty details to get you started:
    And finally, how to 'apply':

Check out the full listing on Clicky.com
    More info about Clicky here
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  2. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

What you are asking for is simply Not Possible. At least, not without an update to Android OS, which means that it won't be compatible with 2.2 and below, since as of 2.2 it's not in there, meaning that even if Google were to add that feature, it wouldn't show up until a later release.

The reason "many" (read: "all") multi-size widgets "pollute" the global widget menu is because that is the only way currently available to offer multiple sizes using standard Android OS. The developers are just as annoyed by this as the end user. Some widget have added in the ability to "hide" the sizes you don't need, but in order to add a widget of that size to your screen, you would need to re-enable it and possibly reboot the phone.

Customized widgets like Sense and Motoblur are able to extend that and allow resizeable widgets, but then the widget would only be compatible with those systems.
  3. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

let Clicky know, not me.

i am just the messenger.
  4. Jaxidian

Jaxidian Team FreeMyMoto Premium Member Developer

For some reason, I could swear I had a calendar widget that did this. However, I was also running a CM ROM with OpenHome, so there could have been special functionality in one of those components that gave this ability. Unfortunately, after the last time I flashed my ROM, I couldn't find that widget again.
  5. dkelly701

dkelly701 New Member

I think it was Calwidget. It had multiple size options and once you figured out what size you wanted, you could go into the setting of Calwidget and choose not to show the other sizes in the widget menu. Is that what you were think of?

Search tags for this page

adroid users who qualufy fir $5,000?