Chrome to Phone Connecting Fail

mbspark

Reaction score
I've scoured the web and forums and can't find anyone else having the issue like I am with chrome to phone. It (both the web extension and mobile app) install just fine, but when running the phone app, it gets stuck on "connecting." I get the screen where I select my account to use, and click next to establish the connection between chrome and this phone and the status bar just chugs and nothing happens. We're talking upwards of 10 minutes, nothing, just sits there.

Anyone else out there have this, or any ideas to get passed it?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I've scoured the web and forums and can't find anyone else having the issue like I am with chrome to phone. It (both the web extension and mobile app) install just fine, but when running the phone app, it gets stuck on "connecting." I get the screen where I select my account to use, and click next to establish the connection between chrome and this phone and the status bar just chugs and nothing happens. We're talking upwards of 10 minutes, nothing, just sits there.

Anyone else out there have this, or any ideas to get passed it?

Are you running 2.2? It'll only work with Froyo ...

OP
M

mbspark

Reaction score
Are you running 2.2? It'll only work with Froyo ...

I am. I'm now in the process of taking the phone back to stock and trying the official 2.2 instead of my rooted rom, which I'm considering as my issue.

OP
M

mbspark

Reaction score
Well I ended up resorting back to 2.0.1, then manually upgrading back through 2.1 and 2.2 and now it works.

So it must have been something with the mod 2.2 that I had for a month. I wish I could remember what version it was.