Check Out DroidForums' New Look! Site-Style Redesigned!

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not a big fan of the blue color, I personally liked the red better. I think the site should match the color of the logo but that's just my two cents

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
I'm more of red guy than blue, but everything else looks great.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ooooooo, just noticed the SCROLLING MESSAGE STEPPER/COUNTER. Sweet. The only thing is I'd adjust it so it defaults to the number out of the whole thread, rather than just the current page. Nice idea, very useful!

Oh, just noticed a small glitch: after I posted my comment, the left number updated (in my case, to the 7th post) but the total/right number didn't (it stayed at 6, so it said 7/6).

-Matt

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Another quick suggestion: just realized on the menu/banner, the default behavior is...

- first click = menu dropdown
- second click = go to main area page (e.g., NEWS)

Instead, I'd replace the first click so...

- mouse/rollover = menu dropdown
- first click - go to main area page

This way, the menu items with submenus (NEWS and GALLERY) behave the same as the other two items.

-Matt

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Another quick suggestion: just realized on the menu/banner, the default behavior is...

- first click = menu dropdown
- second click = go to main area page (e.g., NEWS)

Instead, I'd replace the first click so...

- mouse/rollover = menu dropdown
- first click - go to main area page

This way, the menu items with submenus (NEWS and GALLERY) behave the same as the other two items.

-Matt
I think it does that if you mouse over the arrow...

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think it does that if you mouse over the arrow...
I don't see it in Chrome, though...uhh...it might be due to one extension or another... ;) I suppose I could retry in safe mode!

EDIT: OK, I turned off a few pesky (not-to-be-named) extensions, page refreshed, but still no mouseover when on top of the arrows. No worries, it's all good!

UPDATE: because I obsess about such things...I just tried all this in a virgin installation of Edge and the behavior is the same = no rollover observed. I guess I'm just very special!

-Matt

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I don't see it in Chrome, though...uhh...it might be due to one extension or another... ;) I suppose I could retry in safe mode!

EDIT: OK, I turned off a few pesky (not-to-be-named) extensions, page refreshed, but still no mouseover when on top of the arrows. No worries, it's all good!

UPDATE: because I obsess about such things...I just tried all this in a virgin installation of Edge and the behavior is the same = no rollover observed. I guess I'm just very special!

-Matt
We need to change your name to Special Matt.. I'm using Chrome and the mouse over seems to work.. Take a look at the very bottom left of the page.. Does it say "DF 2016 Skin"?

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I see "DF 2016 Skin" in the page source, but not anywhere on the page itself. Same result in Edge.

And sadly my friends already call me "Special Matt." They designed a special hat and chair for me too. :(

-Matt

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I see "DF 2016 Skin" in the page source, but not anywhere on the page itself. Same result in Edge.

And sadly my friends already call me "Special Matt." They designed a special hat and chair for me too. :(

-Matt
You don't see this?

Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 8.30.36 AM.png

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

-Matt

I think it depends if you are viewing the site from a mobile device vs desktop?