cheapdroids.com is a fraud?

cheapdroids

Reaction score
I know the dates were there because I added the products myself and put them there. As I've mentioned before, if anyone has issues PM me. We have email and support numbers all over the site so there's no way any of you weren't able to contact us.

tkim6599

Reaction score
Ordered case, screen protector, and charger. No indication of backordered stock when ordering. Surprise surprise, charger shipped but screen protector and case backordered until 5/20. So I either have to wait a month or buy something now while waiting. No thanks. Next time clearly indicate items on backorder. It shows up *now* that I've ordered, but absolutely did not when I was ordering. Deceptive. Going to try for refund, but I bet their 5% fee + no shipping refund will bite me. Nice.

tkim6599

Reaction score
So I've gone back and forth with the guy from cheapandroids. Bottom line is that I'm getting a refund for the stuff that's backordered, but not without his informing me that the items are not backordered, but merely unavailable for three weeks. Whatever. In addition, he took great pains to inform me that the shipping delay was posted three weeks ago. My reply to him:

" [FONT=&quot]I went back to your site, placed all the items in the cart and not once did it have a delayed shipping date. Only when you click on the items themselves does a ‘avail 5/20’ in small print appear. People could easily order these items without seeing this date because it’s only in the item page, and as shown here, you can go all the way to the submit order page without seeing the delayed in stock date.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It’s great that you posted those dates three weeks ago. Trouble is, any customer can go straight through the order process without seeing it on the only page it’s on. Of course, if you spent some time figuring this out instead of trying to be right and get the last word in, maybe you wouldn’t have such an irate customer now. Thanks for the refund."[/FONT]

cheapdroids2.jpg
cheapdroids1.jpg
cheapdroids3.jpg

cheapdroids

Reaction score
I see what you mean about that and will get the available dates added to those listing pages as well.

beegdadday

Reaction score
I have ordered from CheapDroids.com and have absolutely loved their products as well as their service. In fact, I just returned an item because I seen another one that I liked better which is $6.00-7.00 more than the one I'm returning. And they told me to just send it back and they would ship out the new one and not charge me the difference and pay for the shipping as well.
I was concerned with the company in the beginning however once I started ordering from them, I realized I had the wrong opinion of them. They are absolutely the BEST!!! And their prices are fantastic! I will continue ordering from them and you too should give them a try...You won't be sorry!

Tammy* Hazen

they had to have paid you for that endorsement. Their service sucks.

I have the new htc incredible. I ordered a body glove case from them as well as couple of other items. when I ordered the items I specified that I want ups delivery service. I like to be able to track my order so I know the exact day it will arrive. They ship post office. my mail man is brain dead and often misdelivers the mail.

so no response. I then email them. I recieve a cold response that says they only use the usps. In todays world an online service that does not give you a shipper choice clearly second rate.

I express dissapointment. Ask if its too late to cancel my order.

cold response this time says the body glove case order has been cancelled and that the other items had already been shipped. Partial order no notification that the main part of my order was on back order.

cold response says I can refuse the part of my order shipped and they will credit me. Of course I would have to wait around my door and wait for my package to mysterisously show up to refuse it.

this outfit is so amateurish and does not understand the world of online shipping nor do they understand customer service.

kevin.

Reaction score
unreliable

Really? i wont be getting my products until 5/29 great if i wouldve known this now that cheapdroids.com finally told me i wouldve just went to the verizon store and payed $20 for a case and screen protector for my htc incredible atleast it wouldve been in my hands already.

THE SITE IS NICE YOU JUST CANT BE RELIABLE TO GET ANYTHING IN ON TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ORDERED THE ITEMS WEEKS BEFORE THE PHONE EVEN CAME OUT!!! WHAT DO THEY SHIP A TRUCK LOADED WITH ONE OF EACH REALLY?

i WONT BE BUYING FROM THIS SITE AGAIN LOST ME AS A CUSTOMER!

dhum

Reaction score
They exist, but are unethical at best_buyer beware!

If you go to this site, you will get a brief description of the product with a
"buy now" button next to it. Nowhere is there an indication that further
information is available; but, if you press the item title, you will be taken to
another (hidden) page that tells you that these items are not available for
periods of up to several weeks. If you do not accidentally go to this page,
you will be billed and given an invoice which has no indication anywhere that
the items are not in stock. I complained to CD, was told that the delivery times were 'posted', etc. I was informed by e-mail that the misunderstanding
was my fault, and that my items might not be available for several weeks.
It was necessary for me to file a Paypal complaint to even get them to consider my request for a refund. They eventually did refund me for the
cost of the items (ca. $15), but DID NOT refund the $6.99 handling and
shipping costs. What handling and shipping, the items were not even in
stock. DO NOT GIVE THESE SHYSTERS YOUR BUSINESS. YOU WILL REGRET IT?

emci13

Reaction score
Hey I actually have had a "consumer experience" with cheapdroids.com and was dissatisfied and looking for advice, and was searching around and found this thread.

I placed an order with them for a case for my droid incredible, then realized that the item wouldn't ship until 5/20. Ended up just ordering the case along with the phone from Verizon, but when I asked for a refund they said they would process the refund but I would get charged $5.00 for the processing fee.

They already charged my order to my credit card. I figured that the place was kind of sketchy, so I thought I'd cut my losses and swallow the money. Then they said that I should wait for a confirmation order on the refund that didn't come for two days until I mailed them back. Now they sent me a mail that said they processed the refund and it should show up in 7-10 days, but so far nothing has happened.

I think I'm putting my hat in for the "this place seems like a scam don't buy from them," but I was wondering if someone could answer just some general questions as to what to do for me.

1. Is it normal to charge a processing fee for a refund? This seems sketchy.
2. I'm a little cheesed that they haven't processed my refund yet. I've heard of people doing a chargeback on their credit cards. Would that solve the problem or just make it worse?

Hopefully if anything my story can be used as a cautionary tale for anyone else who wants to order. I'm incredibly unhappy with cheapdroids.com and although their customer service has been cordial, I can't help feeling that they're doing stuff like making funny faces to one another and insulting the customers behind the scenes, although this is my own personal feeling.

dhum

Reaction score
An added note on previous post

In my previous post I indicated that Cheap Droids did not refund the
handling and shipping charges on an order for which I had filed a Paypal
complaint. Later yesterday afternoon, however, my Paypal showed that
all charges had been refunded to my PayPal account. Either CDs refunded
the shipping and handling charges (which they never incurred), OR, PayPal
corrected the refund to make it complete. If the first is true, it suggests
that CD is monitoring this and related forums. It is certainly true for
the "androidforums.com", where the questionable activities of the CDs
site have been discussed, and one of the CD executive officers has
responded to these discussions.
In any event, they have lost my business. Being just inside the law
and teetering on the edge of ethical versus unethical merchant practices
is not enough. Either a merchant is honest and straight up, or that site
does not deserve patronage.

JesseJohnson18

Reaction score
cheapdroids.com....STAY AWAY!

Exactly! Three weeks of waiting and just received another price change, blah..blah..blah. Cheapdroids.com.. you messed up so fix it without charging me more. Terrible company....stay away!

Peaches928

Reaction score
Shipping is RIDICULOUS!

While it is nice that the manager is trying to work out customer issues here, it would have been a whole lot nicer if the customer service team handled this when I first emailed them. It was almost the end of the fourth week (as per their 1-4 week shipping policy that I didn't know about when I bought the product. USPS priority mail costs less than what I paid for shipping and gets to me in 3 days!!) and I emailed the CS team asking why I hadn't received my case yet. All they responded with was that they couldn't guarantee shipping time. Not that the product was back ordered or took a while to get out of the warehouse or anything, they probably didn't even look at my order number that I sent them. That was all the email said.

Now at week 5 I just got an email saying "order complete." No idea what that means. Did it ship? Will it be at my PO Box when I check it tomorrow? I don't have a clue. They didn't even give me a tracking number or any other helpful information. Not to mention, I didn't even getting a "item shipped" email, just an email after I bought the case.

I'm sure the case will be great, but they definitely failed big time with customer service and their already beyond ridiculously long shipping time.

Peaches928

Reaction score
Just spoke with customer service...

Still have not received the case after almost 6 weeks when I was told shipping would take 1-4 weeks. She told me I ordered on April 25th and it didn't ship until May 27th. Don't bother with this site. Customer service doesn't care at all. She told me it should come any day now and that if I am unhappy I can return the product for a refund, if I even do get it.

Unbelievable. Don't order from these people, they are just a distributor and it takes forever for them to deal with manufacturers.

MJ5150

Reaction score
I'm guessing these guys prices were significantly lower than anyone else, so people started buying from them?

To me, that is a red flag right up front that the deal may be sketchy. If everyone else has a case for $15, and these guys have it for $9, something is up.

-Mike

evopb

Reaction score
I read/skimmed through the posts in this thread, and I may say, to solve 95% of the issues these people have with your business, is it at all possible to take out the option to buy the product and replace it with a "Notify me upon availability"?

I figure if you just tell them its unavailable before they click process order, they would be more understanding.

I still wouldn't have a problem ordering anything there, I'm actually happy to have looked there, prices are decent. Waiting a couple weeks isn't a problem, I'm still waiting on my phone anyway. :p

JDMDC2

Reaction score
seems like

THE BOTTOM LINE IS:

DONT SHOP AT CHEAPDROIDS.COM :icon_ banana: