Where are you guys getting the Docks?

fr4c

Reaction score
Ordered mine last night with the ACC20 code. It's being delivered tomorrow.

mitchb2

Reaction score
Just got mine. Looks/feels great.
Looking forward to playing with the Droid in that mode.

I'm still a little concerned about leaving the Droid screen lit up for such extended periods.

Big D

Reaction score
I can't ever get the dock to show up as available. It's never even pictured.

mike

Reaction score
Ordered mine last night with the ACC20 code. It's being delivered tomorrow.

I ordered them both last night - can't wait to check them out. Thanks folks for passing on the code - saved me 12 bucks.

nite 0wl

Reaction score
WAY too bright for bedside. I hope they change it.
They don't need to change it, you do. First try tapping the light bulb icon, it switches between the bright 'media' mode and a dimmer (and subdued) 'night' mode.
If that is still too bright go into Settings > Sound and display and adjust your screen brightness.

ace3

Reaction score
ordered two straight from Verizon (called them), and they arrived in 2 days. got one for the office, and one for the house.

it's a little bright next to the bed (even on the dim mode), but if you just turn it away a little, it's just fine.

BzB

Reaction score
WAY too bright for bedside. I hope they change it.
They don't need to change it, you do. First try tapping the light bulb icon, it switches between the bright 'media' mode and a dimmer (and subdued) 'night' mode.
If that is still too bright go into Settings > Sound and display and adjust your screen brightness.

i've done both and it's still too bright imo. maybe i'm just sensitive to the light, but now i just angle the dock so it's not aimed right at me.

but yeah, the a nice accessory. got the only one in my vzw on launch day, was just able to order another earlier this week. now i have one for home and the office. :icon_ banana:

mr.deux

Reaction score
I ordered mine and not even 24 hours later i had them in my hand it was awesome! as for the brightness i'm the same way and can't sleep with it on so i just tap the power button and it turns the screen off, then if i want it on tap the camera button!

mitchb2

Reaction score
I downloaded Night Clock. It's much dimmer because it uses a dark background. I'll see how that works.

I already had my settings on the minimum brightness last night. Even my wife said it was too bright and asked me to turn it off. It was lighting up the ceiling.

ironosity

Reaction score
Is no one worried that having the alarm clock mode on all night might damage your phone? Isn't it bad to have a still image on for too long because it will "burn the image" in to the screen? Thus screen savers?

aisvo

Reaction score
I don't think leaving the Droid overnight on alarm mode will harm the display of the Droid. :D

Liquid_G

Reaction score
ordered mine wednesday from verizonwireless.com, got it next day..

Question though.. This morning when i first used it.. the screen would stay lit all the time.. I removed some PowerManager demo app that i had before and never used and now the screeen shuts down after a minute (or whatever the default is set to in the display>screen timout) Shouldn't it stay lit up all the time when in the dock?

Rikybob

Reaction score
Grrrrr....

Ordered the dock and the car dock last nite from the Verizon website. Got the "Call" this am that they were out. I guess convergence with the webpage and the warehouse is too much to ask.

Highly skilled staff have no idea when back in stock.

Oh well?

nite 0wl

Reaction score
Question though.. This morning when i first used it.. the screen would stay lit all the time.. I removed some PowerManager demo app that i had before and never used and now the screeen shuts down after a minute (or whatever the default is set to in the display>screen timout) Shouldn't it stay lit up all the time when in the dock?

Has this happened when it is plugged into a wall (power) socket? That usually keeps the screen from turning off. When it's running off USB or battery power the screen usually turns off after the power setting's timeout.