Droid: Where are you Purchasing??

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
I pre-ordered from Best Buy. I was afraid of missing out, even though VZW says that they are confident that everybody that wants one will get one.

shatteredzman

Reaction score
Since I am stuck with AT&T I will probably order it from a website that imports phones. I found a website selling the Milestone for $600 plus $20 in shipping.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Since I am stuck with AT&T I will probably order it from a website that imports phones. I found a website selling the Milestone for $600 plus $20 in shipping.

do your homework before you spend that kind of cash.... The phone will most likely work on USA GSM like AT&T or T-Mobile but its highly doubtful if 3G will work. Youll most likely be stuck on edge...

medicTHREE

Reaction score

Um, you should really make sure it will work. US GSM frequencies are NOT the same as European GSM frequencies.

Szyslak

Reaction score
I'll be ordering mine online on Friday, and getting the wife a new dumb phone as well. Only reason is the phone she's getting is an online special. That, and my local Verizon store has some pretty sleazy salesmen. Short cheesy facial hair and desperation oozing from every pore do not make for a pleasant shopping experience in my book. ;)

djstar2k2

Reaction score
fam

the sales rep at the vzw told me if i get the phone from them theyll take 50 bucks of the top and ill still get the 100 rebate so ill only pay 150 for phone. if ur got the uo front money i suggest you try this for ur self and get that discount. i already pre ordered from best buy and since its the b day month im only payin 50 any how.

shatteredzman

Reaction score

Um, you should really make sure it will work. US GSM frequencies are NOT the same as European GSM frequencies.
I am not worried about losing 3G since I already used an unlocked T mobile G1 and dont get 3G. I am around wifi hotspots 90% of the day so it doesnt bother me.

The bands listed on the phone are.

Motorola DROID Sholes MILESTONE Android Unlocked Quad Band GSM Cell Phone - Popu
General 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100
HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 - American version

I might wait and see if Canada gets a Milestone with AT&T 3G bands.

Last edited:

Inundated

Reaction score
Probably at a VZW store. BB is out due to not honoring NE2...I like getting the "rebate" live, instead of waiting, but I'm not willing to pay $50 more for the privilege.

I'll also check out online early this morning and see if that's a reasonable option, though I very much want to have one in my hands on Friday (like I can't wait!).

purple onyx

Reaction score
Going to the Verizon store. I need to discuss options with my plan (switching from the Storm w/tethering), and also what our options are with getting the hubby one as well.

Attackcenter

Reaction score
BB Pre-orders are not paying $50 for the privilege. The $50 is a down payment on a $200 phone. You'll pay a total of $200.

xjman349

Reaction score
Just make sure you guys ordering at bb read the fine print and dont have to sign two customer agreements. A lot of times there will be an extra ETF through the indirect store, not sure if Best Buy is one that does or not.

fegarem

Reaction score
Pre-ordered at BB. Appointment is at 7 PM. It'll be the first time my husband and I have the same phone!