Charger/Car Dock Opinion

kdkinc

Reaction score
I had looked at this car dock and charger and decided that it was too hokey looking. IMHO
It kind of in your face and easy to accidentally hit.
Does it offer a extra port for other plugged in gadgets ???

I've looked at a few option and bought the overpriced but still works great
"X-way" magnetic mount by Tetrax.

hope you find what you need :)

OP
Mikey311

Mikey311

Reaction score
Doesn't say it has an extra port for other devices.
I'm gonna do a lol more soul searching and see if anything beter comes up
Thanks for the input!

Woggy64

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
Woggy64
I got the Motorola one from Verizon, with their branded car charger that has the extra USB charging port on it.

We'll see how it all works tomorrow during our six hour drive for the Labor Day Weekend.

I intend to have Pandora radio playing all the way from CA to AZ, and possibly one or so people on their notebooks in the truck, using the HotSpot feature.

OP
Mikey311

Mikey311

Reaction score
i like as little wires as possible

if only wireless electricity and hovering docks were invented yet, i mean c'mon! it's 2010!....sigh

zodder

Reaction score
I picked up the Motorola OEM car dock for $39.99 and it's been great so far. Charges quickly and is very adjustable. I would certainly recommend it.

OP
Mikey311

Mikey311

Reaction score
OEM car dock comes with a charger also?

btw thanks for all the help everyone. I really appreciate it.

evetro76

Reaction score
It's OK, good but not great. It hold my Droid X and my wifes Droid 2 securely no issue. The phone goes in and out easy enough. My only complaints are that it comes out of the sockets whenever I need to turn sharply, brake hard or accidently bump it with my arm.

kendubya

Reaction score
Ram Mounting Systems makes an adjustable dock. It is highly configurable...fixed, suction or cupholder mounts are available and its fit is adjustable. I bought one for my omnia with a defender case; worked perfect. I'm still using it with my x and there seems to be plenty of adjustment room to accommodate an even larger case, i.e. an x with a defender case. The verizon car charger has a built in usb port.

http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogRes...65077045072079076045080068051085/Default.aspx