Changing roms

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Ok so I am going from liberty 1.5 to apex. . Do I restore to my stock rooted froyo and then clear data and cache and install from zip? Then will I be on apex?

Sent from my DROIDX

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You don't really need to restore to a stock image. At least I don't. You can just flash apex right over liberty with a data wipe.

tappin and a talkin

kcollett3584

Reaction score
changing roms droid pro

has anyone successfully switched roms on a motorola droid pro if so do you mind sharing what rom you switched to? [email protected]:greendroid:

3a4yI7aTiY

Reaction score
from apex to liberty you can with bootstrap recovery. Reboot in bootstrap wipe data and cashe and flash any rom from sd card

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
WilfulHippo

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Ok I'm going to give it a try if something happens or goes wrong I will pm one of you for help

Sent from my DROIDX

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
Just wondering if you guys make backups of your custom roms before changing to a new one. I am running Liberty 1.5 and love it, but I have heard a lot of good things about both Rubix and Darkslide. Curious about trying both of them out, but I might just switch back to Liberty.

Also can anyone explain the difference between a download and a mirror? Every time I go to download a rom I see a choice for a download and a mirror. What the hell is a mirrior? Thanks.

fatpomp

Reaction score
I make a backup so I can switch if I don't like it. A mirror is just another download link.

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
Cool thanks. Do you make a backup of the custom rom just so you don't have to set up email, widgets, ect. again? I only ask because I would just think to flash the original file again.

fatpomp

Reaction score
Yes it just makes it easier so I don't have to set everything back up again.