messed up while wiping data, warning sign now

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by pdubbs, Jul 25, 2011.

1. pdubbs

pdubbs New Member

Ratings:
    +0

welll i guess i mis-read the directions. when in the boot menu thing, i skipped the wipe data, first i wiped the dalvik cache, then because i didnt know which tbh file was which i just rebooted. and then i went back and read directions and saw i needed to wipe data so i did that, and then i wiped dalvik cache again and rebooted. and right now my phone is displaying the lil android guy with a warning sign, the triangle with the ! inside.. been like that for several minutes.

so what should i do now??? take out the battery? did i brick my phone already? lol

2. m1ghtysauc3

m1ghtysauc3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just out of curiosity, why do you keep wiping over and over but never install anything? Press the search button and it should put you in stock recovery. Wipe data and cache. Reboot. Then use bootstrap to get into clockwork recovery. Wipe data. Wipe cache. Wipe davlik cache. Flash whatever you're trying to flash.

Droid 2 MIUI 1.7.22.1

#2 m1ghtysauc3, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  3. pdubbs

pdubbs New Member

Ratings:
    +0

well i have to install a 2 part file in order, but the file names of the folders were nearly identical to the last few characters, and i couldnt tell which was which. i was told i could brick my phone if i installed them improperly, so i was going to re download and re name so i could tell.

i guess the phone isnt stuck lmfao...im just stupid, and tired...its 530am and i have yet to go to sleep.

but anyways... theres a little error message

" E:Can't open/cache/recovery/command "

im given the option to just reboot now, should i just do that?

sorry for all of theconfusion, i just saw that screen and freaked! l0l i was like wow im a dumbass already bricked my phone..

EDIT: just read the rest of your post, will do thanks!!!!

Search tags for this page
android boot up with warning symbol
android is showing a android symbol with a danger sign

android with caution symbol

caution symbol on droid

droid man with a caution sign

droid razr android guy with cation symbl
droid start up has cautionsign
how does ardriod warning sign
nexus is showing the andriod guy with a warning sign
warning signs on droid x2