messed up while wiping data, warning sign now

pdubbs

Reaction score
Flashing a ROM is overwriting the system file with a new one.

Ok, you are already on 2.3.340. That's the Droid X Froyo ROM. To get to Gingerbread, which is Android 2.3, or 4.5.596 ROM, you root using Z4, download the 2 part TBH files, and install Droid 2 bootstrap (hit bootstrap recovery when its installed, it will say success, then hit reboot recovery). This will boot you into Clockwork recovery. Use the volume buttons to highlight data wipe, and the camera button to select. Then go to advanced and choose wipe dalvik cache. This will give you a clean slate to install the Gingerbread ROM. Next, select install zip from SD card, then choose zip. Find the 2 part files you downloaded and install them IN ORDER! If you don't, you can brick your phone and you will have to sbf and start all over.

After you install the 2 part files, you can use the back button to get to the main screen of Clockwork Recovery, and select reboot. You are now on rooted Gingerbread. If you decide you may want to go back to the stock GB ROM from Apex, create a backup in Clockwork by selecting backup and restore, then backup.

If you want Apex, after you are done installing the 2 part Gingerbread files, find the Apex file on your SD Card, and install it. Then reboot. Your first boot might take a couple minutes. As long as you have wiped data, you shouldn't worry about it.

Here is the link to Apex:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/fabolous-x/152337-rom-apex-v2-0-0-release-candidate-rc2-6-11-2011-a.html

Make sure you download the 2 part Gingerbread files, and Apex before you go into Clockwork recovery. That way you don't have to exit or anything to download. You can just flash and go.

Make sure your battery is atleast 70% before you do this. It will not charge while you are in Clockwork Recovery.

CM74DX

welll i guess i mis-read the directions. when in the boot menu thing, i skipped the wipe data, first i wiped the dalvik cache, then because i didnt know which tbh file was which i just rebooted. and then i went back and read directions and saw i needed to wipe data so i did that, and then i wiped dalvik cache again and rebooted. and right now my phone is displaying the lil android guy with a warning sign, the triangle with the ! inside.. been like that for several minutes.

so what should i do now??? take out the battery? did i brick my phone already? lol

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, why do you keep wiping over and over but never install anything? Press the search button and it should put you in stock recovery. Wipe data and cache. Reboot. Then use bootstrap to get into clockwork recovery. Wipe data. Wipe cache. Wipe davlik cache. Flash whatever you're trying to flash.

Droid 2 MIUI 1.7.22.1

Last edited:
OP
P

pdubbs

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, why do you keep wiping over and over but never install anything?

Droid 2 MIUI 1.7.22.1

well i have to install a 2 part file in order, but the file names of the folders were nearly identical to the last few characters, and i couldnt tell which was which. i was told i could brick my phone if i installed them improperly, so i was going to re download and re name so i could tell.

i guess the phone isnt stuck lmfao...im just stupid, and tired...its 530am and i have yet to go to sleep.

but anyways... theres a little error message

" E:Can't open/cache/recovery/command "

im given the option to just reboot now, should i just do that?

sorry for all of theconfusion, i just saw that screen and freaked! l0l i was like wow im a dumbass already bricked my phone..

EDIT: just read the rest of your post, will do thanks!!!!