Themes and backups

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Ok so I have two questions...first if I want to install a theme on liberty 1.5 do I have to clear caches and data or do I just install. Zip from SD? And second can I make a back up before I install the theme so if I don't like it I can go back to liberty 1.5 without that theme but not go back to stock froyo? In other words can I have multiple backups in clockwork?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can certainly have multiple back ups if you choose. When flashing themes, there's no need to wipe anything. Just flash the zip. And another easy way to get rid of the theme that doesn't require a second backup, which will take up a lot of space, is to just flash the rom again with no wipe.

tappin and a talkin

OP
WilfulHippo

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Ok so this doesn't get confusing my stock froyo is going to be called 1 and liberty without any themes is 2...and I just have 2 backups I can install a theme and install it and not make a backup for it I can just restore to 2 and the theme is gone so is that right?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes, you can restore your liberty backup to get rid of the theme. The problem with that though is I don't think its a food idea to flash a theme over a restored rom, only a flashed one. I could be wrong but I think I remember someone saying it would cause issues. Anyway my two cents is its just easier to flash the liberty rom again to get rid of a theme than it is to restore the rom.

tappin and a talkin

OP
WilfulHippo

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Ok you seem expierenced so I am going to use your idea...thanks very much